Legends line up vote (for stadium exterior artwork) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Legends line up vote (for stadium exterior artwork)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Just for those who have never seen this (I hadn't) these are the Home Park murals. This video is quite a few years old now. I've never seen it until yesterday.

Paid for Nik Barron, designed by Darren James manufactured and erected by Mike Back. My only input was I picked the themes and subject matter, with some help from Pasoti'ites at the time.

I'm amazed they never caught on all over the country I must admit.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Our fan base certainly covers many age groups - each age group has a perception of legend
The question is how will the club cater for every age group of the fan base with the players they name over the next week :confused:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
OK giving fans a selection makes it a bit better, think Larrieu is going to win this one!

Jan 12, 2020
Larrieu and McCormick already miles ahead of Furnell and Nicholls in the goalkeeper section just goes to show how much this vote is weighted in favour of the modern era. The likes of Shortt, Cann, Barnsley etc. don't even merit consideration according to the selection committee.
You say selection committee but to be fair to the club they are creating a shortlist using the the previously voted on Greatest Pilgrims list. See the official wording from the site below:

‘Over the next week fans will vote on an all-time Argyle XI, with 11 substitutes, and the players with the most votes from each position will be put up around the stadium.

Going for a traditional 4-4-2 formation, four players have been shortlisted for each position, with the names compiled using the recent 'Greatest Pilgrims' fan vote with the Big Green Lottery in 2019.’

I do agree however that only opening voting up to Twitter is too restrictive, at least include Facebook too as that has a broader age range when it comes to account holders.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
At least by restricting how many nominees it would stop the FB warriors voting for keepers like Ramsbottom, Sheffield and Macey.

To be fair to them whatever medium or selection process they use, it will be flawed. It's an impossible task.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yeah it's OK having a selection but the more modern players will get the vote every time, surely.

Oh well, there are bigger things to worry about. Maybe we'll be proved wrong.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
A debate for another day perhaps, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about having McCormick on a mural. I know he's done his time and he was a cracking keeper for us, but still...

Romain Larrieu is miles ahead anyway, 61% of the vote so far against 28% for McCormick, and single figures for Furnell and Nicholls.

Reactions: jerryatricjanner

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
Pictures of Argyle legends from the past, along with iconic moments in the club’s history, will be placed on the outside of the stadium, enhancing the look and feel of Home Park.

A number of images will adorn the exterior of Home Park, and the decision on who makes it will be chosen by you, the supporters.

Over the next week fans will vote on an all-time Argyle XI, with 11 substitutes, and the players with the most votes from each position will be put up around the stadium.

From Wednesday, 15 June a daily vote on the club’s Twitter feed will take place for your chance to vote on the legends line-up.

Fell a bit frustrated here ! Supported Argyle for 51 years but unable to vote. Never have and never will use Twitter. Why not have the vote on main website ? Would get a much fairer result that way.

Dec 30, 2020
I don't think there's anything especially wrong with prioritising players who more fans will remember

Wouldn't really be much of an advert for Home Park to cover it with ancient images... Come to Argyle, where the good times were fifty years ago

Reactions: Lancastergreen

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I don't use any form of Social media- shame i will not be able to place my vote but i must be stuck in the dark ages for choosing not to use any of the Social media platforms :(

Feb 13, 2021
PASOTI and the Argyle Fans Trust should be asking for the club to put a vote on their main website. The comments listed before are younger supporters than myself. Best goalkeeper Dave MacLaren best RH and local boy Johnny Williams. We can do much better than chat all day long

Reactions: saxman

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I don't think there's anything especially wrong with prioritising players who more fans will remember

Wouldn't really be much of an advert for Home Park to cover it with ancient images... Come to Argyle, where the good times were fifty years ago

That is totally the wrong way to look at it, in my view. The club has a rich history and should be celebrated, it's not about ancient images or saying we had good times 50 years ago. Is the Best-Law-Charlton at Old Trafford archaic? Course it isn't.

For what it's worth, I'm in my 30s and want to see players like Moses Russell and Sammy Black as part of this, or even Michael Foot. It's a fantastic idea by Argyle, having a space where we can celebrate all of the rich tapestry (literally) of Argyle history... from EVERY era. Do like the Arsenal one, I have to say...

skysports-arsenal-emirates-stadium-general_3905709.jpg

Reactions: Drake