Legends line up vote (for stadium exterior artwork) | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Legends line up vote (for stadium exterior artwork)

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
How on earth did Paul Dalton not make that list.?? My fave ever Argyle player.

Dec 30, 2020
I still think that pedantically insisting on a team formation rather than just picking 22 legendary figures was a dafter decision that holding the vote on twitter (although I do increasingly think it's also a bit silly that there are literally no figures from the first 90 or so years of the club's existence)

The funniest/most embarrassing choices are the defenders, Connolly, Bradley and Capaldi. Going to be extremely embarrassing if we draw Luton in the cup and they see their half-decent centre back immortalised as one of our greatest players ever.

The fact that we've had a pretty diverse team as long as most fans can remember, and yet have chosen 22 white players is also not a brilliant look.

Reactions: saxman

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I was thinking the same about Bradley/Luton fans, it’s a bit embarrassing. Two seasons and one fourth tier promotion gets you an all-time XI selection… but he’s a fans favourite and it was a fan’s vote, so it was expected.

It will look great, that’s the main thing I suppose. And we have the historic moments section, which should make up for a lack of history (and diversity, as well as Jack Leslie statue) in the player selection.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Pasoti greatest team
Screenshot_20220630-142516_Chrome.jpg

Second greatest team
Screenshot_20220630-142558_Chrome.jpg

Jan 12, 2020
I still think that pedantically insisting on a team formation rather than just picking 22 legendary figures was a dafter decision that holding the vote on twitter (although I do increasingly think it's also a bit silly that there are literally no figures from the first 90 or so years of the club's existence)

The funniest/most embarrassing choices are the defenders, Connolly, Bradley and Capaldi. Going to be extremely embarrassing if we draw Luton in the cup and they see their half-decent centre back immortalised as one of our greatest players ever.

The fact that we've had a pretty diverse team as long as most fans can remember, and yet have chosen 22 white players is also not a brilliant look.
I think part of the problem when it comes to defenders is we’ve had relatively few ‘great’ players in defence, so by sticking to a formation we’ve forced some lesser individuals into the spotlight.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
This seems to have gone a tad quiet, is it still happening imminently? Really can't wait to see what it will look like.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Judging by the previous comments and only having access through Twitter, the likes of Wilf Carter, one of Argyles greatest signing and goal scorers have no chance
Said the same through another medium. He has been overlooked on any of the larger tributes over the years. I'm not one for wanting to honour all the good players from that era, but Wilf's contribution was exceptional and still not emulated since he left for Exeter nearly 60 years ago.

Reactions: Swaz

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
One approach that could have been taken would have been to identify a couple of players from each decade of the club's history. That would have resulted in about the same number of players but would really have focused minds on who epitomised the team in each period. Perhaps, given the fact that for most people the more recent decades are more important it could have been one player per decade for the first 60 years and then three per decade for the more recent ones. It would also look really neat to see the historical progression of kits/fashions/looks over time and told the story of the club through it's key names.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
A timeline does seem a nice idea, I have to say. May already be happening, with the memorable moments display.

Swaz

♣️ PASALB Member
Jan 25, 2011
bishops stortford
This sounds really, really good. Home Park is going to look and feel very different for the new season.

That Devonport signage is looking SO tired and dated now, presumably that will be replaced by some of these images.

BUT... having it just on Twitter seems fundamentally flawed if anyone from Argyle is reading this. Putting an all time XI out to a predominantly younger generation means you probably won't get a true all-time XI, and there seems very little chance a Moses Russell or Billy Rafferty would get in ahead Sonny Bradley or Graham Carey (who I love, but shouldn't be in an all-time best Argyle team).

You can already see it in the Twitter replies, in the non-joking suggestions people are picking players like Reuben Reid, Tony Capaldi and Paul McGregor because they're picking players from their lifetime. Jack Leslie, Sammy Black and Moses Russell just aren't going to get anywhere near with this method. I'd just let Sparksy pick it :D