Legends line up vote (for stadium exterior artwork) | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Legends line up vote (for stadium exterior artwork)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
What form is this going to be in? Banners around the stands? Large ‘posters’ in prominent places? I’ve not seen it said anywhere.

The club blurb was a bit vague but it does describe something that will be long lasting.

The communication and transparency from the club has recently been excellent so hopefully they will realise that this current poll is a mistake and restart the whole poll to include all players from the 2019 poll (not just the top 4) and to survey fans of all ages using different platforms including email.

"Pictures of Argyle legends from the past, along with iconic moments in the club’s history, will be placed on the outside of the stadium, enhancing the look and feel of Home Park."

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I'm not even sure it should be democratic, as people are only really going to vote for players they've seen. So your Shortts, Blacks, Leslies and Russells and even players up to the 50s/60s/70s would have very little chance. A panel of Argyle experts of all ages would be good, though I can't see Argyle re-starting the poll now. Where they have given themselves some breathing room is with the second XI, which could be a judgment call rather than the runners-up from these polls.

There is a big difference between an all-time XI that some people will disagree with... which is totally expected with selections of this nature. And an all-time XI that doesn't have any players before 2004... which is objectively wrong and tells you the selection process has been badly misjudged.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Maybe all team members of all Argyle promotion campaigns would work better?

Realise this would still exclude some good players who never experienced a promotion at Home Park but currently the club poll is pretty much selecting the Sturrock side from the start of this century.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
I can understand the frustrations of most on here and, I too, would have voted mostly for players from the 20th century.
But come on peeps, the future of the club is for the youngsters. As long as the murals (or whatever) are tastefully done and assuming said legends are reasonably good (i.e. don't include Jake Jervis), I can't see a problem.
All polls are flawed, so you are never going to please everyone (look at music polls for example). Even if Argyle had chosen the legends themselves, there would have been an outcry from some quarters.
I am looking forward to the 'iconic moments' selections. Surely there won't be too much disagreement there?
Ronnie at Wembley, Peter Hartley v Pompey, Trigger v QPR, etc. and of course, you, the Green Army at Wembley, Anfield or the Bridge, etc.
We could even add a few 'ironic moments' from Pasoti over the years!!!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I can understand the frustrations of most on here and, I too, would have voted mostly for players from the 20th century.
But come on peeps, the future of the club is for the youngsters. As long as the murals (or whatever) are tastefully done and assuming said legends are reasonably good (i.e. don't include Jake Jervis), I can't see a problem.
All polls are flawed, so you are never going to please everyone (look at music polls for example). Even if Argyle had chosen the legends themselves, there would have been an outcry from some quarters.
I am looking forward to the 'iconic moments' selections. Surely there won't be too much disagreement there?
Ronnie at Wembley, Peter Hartley v Pompey, Trigger v QPR, etc. and of course, you, the Green Army at Wembley, Anfield or the Bridge, etc.
We could even add a few 'ironic moments' from Pasoti over the years!!!

This is going beyond just a flawed poll, to take your example of music it's a bit like having a Greatest Albums of All Time display and not having any music pre-2000s.

The wording is all wrong from Argyle too, on Twitter they're asking 'who is your favourite winger?'. Which is a very different thing from 'who do you think should be on an all-time XI display?'

Clearly Jack Leslie can't be my personal favourite winger as I never saw him play, but he absolutely would be one of my choices in an all-time XI.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
David Norris wins yesterdays vote.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Todays vote is open and it’s for centre midfielder and they are.
Johnny Williams
Kevin Summerfield
Steve Castle
Akos Buzskay

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Buzsaky running away with it, as predicted. Currently on 65.8% of the vote.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Akos Buzskay wins yesterdays vote

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Voting today is open and for centre forward and they are.
Billy Rafferty
Tommy Tynan
Dwight Marshall
Reuben Reid

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I had a horrible feeling that Reid would run away with this... it will be Tynan though, currently on 74%.

Reuben does have four times the votes of Rafferty, however.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Voting today is open and for centre forward and they are.
Billy Rafferty
Tommy Tynan
Dwight Marshall
Reuben Reid

That's a change because they've been using the top 8 from the 2019 poll which the club say is the source for the names. For example a mix of the top 4 central midfielders from the top 8 followed the next day by the other 4 central midfielders but in this case Dwight Marshall was ranked 9th in the 2019 poll.
Which top 8 striker will miss out in tomorrow's poll?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yeah, so tomorrow will be Mariner/Evans/Black/.... Ebanks-Blake?

Goes without saying there's no point Black being on it, but surely Mariner will win given the last year.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Yeah, so tomorrow will be Mariner/Evans/Black/.... Ebanks-Blake?

Goes without saying there's no point Black being on it, but surely Mariner will win given the last year.

If so it means 7th placed David Kemp misses out unless there's a choice of 5 strikers tomorrow.