League One player wages 2021/2022 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

League One player wages 2021/2022

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I just did a very quick back of a postcard calculation. Just an illustration not intended to be fully accurate.

12,000 ave gate x 23 games x £15 ave ticket (incl subsidies & frees - a guestimate) x 60% = max player budget
= £2,484,000

So clubs with lower attendances and significantly bigger playing budgets are being bankrolled by the owner plus other revenues, I would think.

We should start seeing the additional match and non match revenues coming through over time, but I think based on what the Club are saying, in the short term their priority for that additional revenue is mostly on infrastructure. coyg

I read that the hospitality underneath the grandstand that was part of the refurbishment project was expected to generate revenue around the £1 million mark per year.

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
Do not forget the impact of VAT!

I read that the hospitality underneath the grandstand that was part of the refurbishment project was expected to generate revenue around the £1 million mark per year.
If all of that goes to the playing budget, that would put us around Rotherham and MK, based on the previous posted league tables. It gives us a sniff of promotion if we attract the same calibre of players. Although, in the short term it appears more is going into other areas of the Club at present. coyg

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
l think at the moment we will see more years of consolidation. We are improving off the field but l feel not all these clubs with so much more wealth than ourselves can get it wrong.

I know results are everything to a football fan. Yet my whole reasoning to see better football was when results don’t come we can still be excited by the football we play.

We can be enthused by our attacking play and the goals we see. We aren’t quite there yet in that style as a team but that’s where l am with the thoughts of this new system. I think it will hopefully buy enough time for fans to stay onboard if we tread water in league one for a few years until perhaps our outgoing transfer policy kIcks in and our income generates to higher, significant levels.

There are great fairytale stories in English football. About clubs that climb the leagues. But for every fairytale there are nightmare stories about many clubs who chased the impossible dream.

There will be many frustrating days ahead. Plans that we put in place that won’t quite work. But over time by building something carefully it will give our club the best opportunity of evolving properly.

Jan 6, 2004
Sorry, I cant buy into being content to tread water for years. That is not why I am an Argyle fan - results make me happy not style of play - thats a bonus. Every season we must try for and plan as best we can for promotion, we may not get there, so be it. But we must try.