League 1 Playoff Final | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

League 1 Playoff Final

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Better trip than either Mansfield or Port Vale.

Have you ever been to Port Vale Clive? :cool:

May 8, 2011
Better trip than either Mansfield or Port Vale.

Have you ever been to Port Vale Clive? :cool:
Just a few times, looking forward to it, would recommend the Moorland Inn.
Direct bus from my outside my hotel in Crewe to just outside the ground, what more could anyone ask for. Extra bonus would be if Everton at home on the Sunday.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was talking to BG Clive, not HC Clive. ;)

Have you ever worked out how many various games you attend in a season?

Jan 6, 2004
What is interesting to me is that Sunderland took no more than 45k to Wembley. We took 35k to a play off final one tier below. Shows the potential (if not actual regular) support for the two clubs is not a million miles apart.

Sep 3, 2011
Two chances to get the Wycombe monkey off our backs next season. Let's see if Schuey and the players will have learned from previous encounters.

I'm glad Sunderland have gone. Having them, Wednesday, Derby, Ipswich, Portsmouth and Charlton to contend with would have been ridiculous.
Maybe four chances!

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
What is interesting to me is that Sunderland took no more than 45k to Wembley. We took 35k to a play off final one tier below. Shows the potential (if not actual regular) support for the two clubs is not a million miles apart.
Sunderland asked for an extra 10k tickets but were refused due to segregation issues , so I heard.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Few things I noticed from the final. Each side had big teams of back room staff. Sunderland looked like they had about 10 to 12 support staff! (And this wasn’t just other squad players). Even Wycombe had a big back room team. There’s been a lot of comment on here , if we have too many back room people but looking at today I wondered if we have enough, especially with Downing leaving?

Sunderland at one point had about 4 or 5 premier league loanees on the pitch . Quality players like Clarke and Broadhead came on as subs too. So I wonder if we need to grab some of those premier league loanees next season?

Third thing I thought was that only Cooper and Camara could have possibly got into Sunderland’s first team which gives an indication of the quality gap between them and us.

Last edited:

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Few things I noticed from the final. Each side had big teams of back room staff. Sunderland looked like they had about 10 to 12 support staff! (And this wasn’t just other squad players). Even Wycombe had a big team. There’s been a lot of comment on here , if we have too many back room people but looking at today Inwondered if we had enough, especially with Downing leaving,

Sunderland at one point had about 4 or 5 premier league loanees on the pitch . Quality players like Clarke and Broadhead came on as subs too. So I wonder if we need to grab some of those next season?

Third thing
Come in Colin..🤔🤔

• Haha
Reactions: saxman

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Few things I noticed from the final. Each side had big teams of back room staff. Sunderland looked like they had about 10 to 12 support staff! (And this wasn’t just other squad players). Even Wycombe had a big back room team. There’s been a lot of comment on here , if we have too many back room people but looking at today I wondered if we have enough, especially with Downing leaving?

Sunderland at one point had about 4 or 5 premier league loanees on the pitch . Quality players like Clarke and Broadhead came on as subs too. So I wonder if we need to grab some of those premier league loanees next season?

Third thing I thought was that only Cooper and Camara could have possibly got into Sunderland’s first team which gives an indication of the quality gap between them and us.
Over 46 games only 4 points separated Argyle from Sunderland, so let's not exaggerate the gap in quality nor the benefit of additional non-playing support staff. I will agree though that the loan players Sunderland had were on a different level, Clarke and Roberts in particular, who absolutely oozed quality. Covering all or part of their wages must have cost Sunderland a fortune.
Ultimately it was a lack of depth of
in our squad that left Argyle outside the play-offs. Improving our squad for next season is going to be challenging, but certainly not impossible.

Reactions: Keith Whitfield