League 1 Playoff Final | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

League 1 Playoff Final

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Sunderland are still to score their usual injury time goal yet.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Good for us with Sunderland being promoted imo. We can finish above Wycombe next season, not so sure I’d be as confident of finishing above Sunderland next season had they not been promoted imo.

It’s also less distance for the team to travel which takes its toll over the season.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A win for football, the downside is that we have to play the anti-football team twice next season.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
"If there is contact between two players, and the referee considers it a foul, the referee may only award a direct free-kick or a penalty."
"There is no option to give an indirect free-kick."

So when there’s contact between the players, ‘impeding’ is taken out of the equation. In practise, almost all incidents of this type involve some kind of
I know Pogles but an indirect free kick is awarded if there is no contact. I felt it was a simple obstruction by the defender. I didn't see contact. Looks like the ref who was up with play agreed and also the VAR official.
Good game, really well contested and a good result. Pleased that Sunderland are gone and think Wycombe with a lower budget are less of a threat next season.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Sunderland deserved it. We’re the much better team.

Good for us as it’s a team with far superior resources that won’t be in league one.

Heard an interview with Ainsworth yesterday. Explaining how he looks out for Blackburn & QPR results as they are his “teams”.

Both don’t have a manager. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is the last we see of him as Wycombe manager.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
A win for football, the downside is that we have to play the anti-football team twice next season.
For goodness sake will you still be trotting this out in 10 years time? Two games against us this season and 3 play off games on TV recently and I have seen no sign of dark arts from Wycombe. Time to move on.

Sep 6, 2006
Sunderland have offered the rest of League 1 a good lesson on how to stop Wycombe. Get on the front foot, put a stamp on the game early, don't give Wycombe something to protect, they like to protect, they're far less effective when they're forced to chase.
Sounds very easy....