Ladji Soukouna agrees to sign, Elding NOT coming (merged) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ladji Soukouna agrees to sign, Elding NOT coming (merged)

Feb 23, 2008
I think what got me was watching yet another abject performance followed by an interview that was just, imo, blinkered to be kind.

Whether it was his fault or not we played better football without him.

Aug 24, 2008
Rob_GT4":siisem10 said:
matteh.":siisem10 said:
chunkymonkey78":siisem10 said:
Normally agree with you matteh,but he was awful.

Hats off to the guy for commitment, playing with an injury etc, but one of the most frustrating players ive ever watched.

I like what he brings to the team. Individually he's nothing special but he offers a lot to a strikeforce. I would've liked to see him and Hitchcock, imo they suit each other very well.

Glad to see you normally agree with me though! :)

Fallon didn't even look good next to Wright-Philips or Mpenza, or in fact any of the strikers we've had right the way from the championship down to the bottom of league 1. That's not a coincidence.

Be interesting to see where he ends up though, aswell as some of the other releasees.

The best strike partnership he has had was with Gallagher (remember him :nworthy: ) for the first dozen games together i thought they played really well together, untill they got found out by the championship defences

M

Marcus The Green

matteh.":hkva49u9 said:
chunkymonkey78":hkva49u9 said:

Hats off to the guy for commitment, playing with an injury etc, but one of the most frustrating players ive ever watched.

I like what he brings to the team. Individually he's nothing special but he offers a lot to a strikeforce. I would've liked to see him and Hitchcock, imo they suit each other very well.

He had a head like a 50p, you never knew where it was going to go. That was when he actually won the ball in the air, most of the time he'd have a foul given against him or not even get anywhere near the ball. He worked tried & worked hard. His hold up play was ok but for a target man, he was poor in the air.

Feb 23, 2008
Thats the thing though, he wasnt a target man but was played as one, not necessarily his fault we just lumped it to him,but crap nonetheless.

Mar 21, 2008
If he wasn't a target man in the partnership what was he? The quick nimble goalscoring machine? the swift one-two passing creative genious?

He has absolutely no qualities as a forward professional footballer, none, passing, heading, pace, shooting, balance, finess, skill, ability to find space, play off the last mans shoulder, nothing, he makes Heskey look like Messi.

And i'm not even just slating him in the way that fans always slate their own players, firstly he isnt ours and secondly I would say the same whatever team he plays for. I can normally appreciate what most professional footballers or even Sunday footballers bring to a team and I'd consider myself pretty football savvy even if I say so myself, he just baffles me, Paul Jewell obviously saw the same as I did.

He'd make a better defender in a league 2/conference side.

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
Marcus The Green":36ugx0i7 said:
matteh.":36ugx0i7 said:
chunkymonkey78":36ugx0i7 said:

He had a head like a 50p, you never knew where it was going to go. That was when he actually won the ball in the air, most of the time he'd have a foul given against him or not even get anywhere near the ball. He worked tried & worked hard. His hold up play was ok but for a target man, he was poor in the air.

Spot on - that was always my issue with. He should have been winning nearly every header as a target man, but won very few and you didn't really know where they would go when he did win them.

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
Peter_dout":2c95toqo said:
When Fallon wanted to do it he was unplayable. For example the Bristol City game where they were terrified if him. On the flip side can anyone even remember his contribution in the world cup finals?

He didn't do bad against Italy from what I can remember... he battered their defence.

That flying volley from the edge of the box against the Turnips was an amazing goal, great build up too. Technically he was very good at times, but thats the crux... 'at times'. His best position was as a link man, receiving it into his feet but our defenders constantly lumped it in the air to him.

C

Connor Clarke

Dalton Is God":3qdn46d9 said:
Peter_dout":3qdn46d9 said:
When Fallon wanted to do it he was unplayable. For example the Bristol City game where they were terrified if him. On the flip side can anyone even remember his contribution in the world cup finals?

He didn't do bad against Italy from what I can remember... he battered their defence.

That flying volley from the edge of the box against the Turnips was an amazing goal, great build up too. Technically he was very good at times, but thats the crux... 'at times'. His best position was as a link man, receiving it into his feet but our defenders constantly lumped it in the air to him.

:iagree:

In my opinion, the problem was with Fallon up-front,we always looked to hoof it up because of his height. However, his jumping ability was one of a newborn baby. If we played it to his feet, then we could of seen a better contribution from Fallon in his time at Home Park.

Feb 23, 2008
Guess he's not going to get much height on his jumps if he's got a dodgy groin though.

Too inconsistent for me. Doesn't seem as though he's been snapped right up either does it?