Ladji Soukouna agrees to sign, Elding NOT coming (merged) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ladji Soukouna agrees to sign, Elding NOT coming (merged)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
'Compelling' is a strong word to use. I wonder just what has happened to create that situation that was not present 48 hours ago? Perhaps, indecision?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Quintrell_Green":2732511r said:
'Compelling' is a strong word to use. I wonder just what has happened to create that situation that was not present 48 hours ago? Perhaps, indecision?

A medical?

Dec 30, 2010
United Kingdom
twounfortunates on Twitter:
"Anthony Elding described to me as a "fat, lazy, greedy sod. Plays well to win a contract; does nothing thereafter." Lucky escape for #pafc?"

I don't know much about him but his scoring record, and glowing testimonials such as this one suggest to me it's no great loss.

N

nigelnoneck

Good news about Mr. Elding, for too long Home Park as been an haven for non-scoring strikers.

Dec 3, 2005
Compton Green":2s0srj9p said:
Le Fondre? :) :wink:

Micky Evans was in the stand on Wednesday - he didn't look in too bad a shape, I am sure he could still find the net ;)

Andrew Owen":337ih2pr said:
From a Leeds fan on another forum:

Lucky break for you guys- he's awful.

Funny old game, football. I had an email from a Barnet supporting mate (who played at a decent level in his time, although his time was some time ago) who said "I remember seeing him as a non league player and he was outstanding. Barnet had the chance to sign him a few years ago but he was too expensive!"

He also tells me that the Barnet fans had a song for Cole, to the tune of Spandau Ballet's Gold. Make of that little nugget what you will.

W

Wilfredo

I know you can't judge a book by it's cover, but on the evidence of one game the opposition would be more worried about him nicking their half time sandwiches then they would about him scoring a goal. He's gone and we move on, pity most people didn't do the same.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Feb 23, 2008
Normally agree with you matteh,but he was awful.

Hats off to the guy for commitment, playing with an injury etc, but one of the most frustrating players ive ever watched.

Mar 21, 2008
matteh.":2em1b21s said:
chunkymonkey78":2em1b21s said:
Normally agree with you matteh,but he was awful.

Hats off to the guy for commitment, playing with an injury etc, but one of the most frustrating players ive ever watched.

I like what he brings to the team. Individually he's nothing special but he offers a lot to a strikeforce. I would've liked to see him and Hitchcock, imo they suit each other very well.

Glad to see you normally agree with me though! :)

Fallon didn't even look good next to Wright-Philips or Mpenza, or in fact any of the strikers we've had right the way from the championship down to the bottom of league 1. That's not a coincidence.

Be interesting to see where he ends up though, aswell as some of the other releasees.

C

Connor Clarke

If Rory doesn't find a club soon, don't rule out a possible return..

Mar 21, 2008
matteh.":2z73fvsz said:
Rob_GT4":2z73fvsz said:
Fallon didn't even look good next to Wright-Philips or Mpenza, or in fact any of the strikers we've had right the way from the championship down to the bottom of league 1. That's not a coincidence.

Be interesting to see where he ends up though, aswell as some of the other releasees.

I personally disagree. I thought BWP and Fallon worked very well as a partnership, Rory took defenders away to allow BWP space

Wright=Philips was one of the best players off the ball we've had for years, he made his own space and was brilliant at it, whilst Fallon stood still, if that's what you mean?

And the reason any moves might've come off between them was due to BWP's ability to gamble on where Fallons 50p head would've ended up putting the ball.

Harsh, but all unfortunately for him, true.