Lack lustre start when no Fatboy Slim! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lack lustre start when no Fatboy Slim!

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
Here is a theory of mine that some people (mostly my age+) won't like:
Against Sheffield Wednesday, immediately before the players came out to Semper Fidelis, Fatboy Slim's, Right Here, Right Now! was blasted from the PA. I agree it was perhaps a little louder than it needed to be, but for me this should be a must played track (with volume turned up almost as loud) before the team then enter to Semper Fidelis. When the track is played, the hairs on the back of my neck always stand up in anticipation and I feel it signals something special is about to occur.
So, I wonder if our sluggish start this Saturday can be partly attributed to the omission of Fatboy Slim. This week did players waiting in the tunnel experience a relatively low key entrance to the game.
It would be intetesting to know if the players have a view (and indeed have been asked) on whether this track should be 'pumped out' just before their entrance.

Reactions: BeetleBurger
Mar 23, 2019
When I watched Brentford a few weeks ago, they played 'The Streets - Turn The Page'. What a song that is to get the players and fans pumped up.

Reactions: pafcshaun

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I'd be surprised if the players even notice the music playedbefore they enter the fray! Most probably only recognise Semper as the tune they run out to.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
I wish they would turn the music down a bit! It drowns out the fans so much in my opinion 😊

Jul 12, 2004
I first heard Right Here Right Now used as an entrance song at the old Rotherham game in a night match. I regularly quote that night when I use that track in a music quiz. Absolutely brilliant in that context.