Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Think your point is a correct one, but that’s not the sort of football RL is playing, hence we are playing as we do, which is clearly an effective method.

Very effective, as the current deadliest duo in the league.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Dec 30, 2011
Personally would like to see Keiran alongside Ryan tonight..think Luke needs a little breather and Keiran is a proven goalscorer at this level who looks desperate to get his Argyle time up and running.
Feel it would do luke good to see what keiran is about and maybe get himself refocused.
Thoughts ?
I thought his scoring records was very modest ?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
It’s not just about the quality of the individual though. Jephcott and Hardie work well as a pairing. Agard (and indeed Ennis) may well be better players but the pairing of Jephcott and Hardie is certainly the most effective
Totally agree, Jephers and Hardie are clearly our best partnership. And on current form they are also best in the division as far as goals scored are concerned I certainly wouldn’t break up this brilliant pairing unless the goals dry up.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2009
Think your point is a correct one, but that’s not the sort of football RL is playing, hence we are playing as we do, which is clearly an effective method.

So on the way out of HP l heard two fans discussing the game. One turned to the other and said l think its nonsense we are a possession based side. I think we are quite a direct team as we often try to hit the ball long.

lm not sure it’s quite true because we play around with it so much at the back, if we were a direct team why would we do this. However, it got me thinking that actually we do play it long on numerous occasions.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
So out of curiosity... would you say the Hardie-Jephcott partnership is working, or not working?

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
If it is not broke why tinker with it. RL will know from his players who is feeling fatigue & who will need their workload managed
With regard to Agard maybe he is seen as an impact sub or game changer if & when needed & that would possibly elevate the workload that Jephs & Hotdog currently have
With Jephs begin called up for the forthcoming U21s it will be interesting to see who RL picks to be alongside Hotdog (has both Agard & Garrick have power & pace to some degree)
Maybe when Niall is fit we might possibly see rotation but that will depend on whether they are fit & on form at the same time
RL will analyse the opposition & pick the best team with the best skill set to get the win

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
So out of curiosity... would you say the Hardie-Jephcott partnership is working, or not working?
Clearly working imo. This partnership has scored more goals than any other in our division.

Oct 31, 2015
It ain't broke do don't go fixing it. We did that with Ennis coming into the team in January. Singularly Ennis and probably Agard are the better players but Hardie and Jeffers are the better pairing..

Reactions: therealdsg

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Sorry but can't see anything to suggest Agard is a better player then Jephcott or Hardie. Are you referring to a 2017 Agard or a 2021 Agard? He is the past, they are the future. Ellis has looked impressive on occasions but his goal record is yet to match the other two and they do seem to be the best pairing. Although individually Ellis impressed I felt Jephers and Hardie suffered after he joined and results too. Ellis is too good though not to be found a role.

Aug 5, 2016
I think Agard might be decent if a chance falls to him in the box (where plenty of Argyle players seemed flustered in those situations today), but in terms of match fitness, strength and sprint speed, he looks a bit off the pace.

May 28, 2015
It’s an odd one. It’s working because we are unbeaten in 9 and they are scoring goals but it does feel like we have no dominance at the top end of the pitch hence why the ball comes back to our centre backs so often. We are scoring but to get in the playoffs I think we need someone who can hold the ball at the top end of the pitch to play along side hardie or jephcott. These two will get us a mid table finish but to push for promotion we need to be more dominant up front IMO

May 28, 2015
Personally I'm not understanding why Garrick is getting on before Agard unless he's injured
I agree. Garrick is quick but I really don’t think he’s good enough. Probably harsh after his limited play time but he’s not impressed me

Jan 27, 2012
Garrick plays like a sprinter, not a footballer. He’s not very composed on the ball- and definitely shouldn’t be played as wing back. Instead of tackling, he wrestles the opposition player to the ground.

Reminds me a bit of Dave Regis for those with long memories. Although smaller and not as good in the air!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Garrick lost the ball cheaply & often tonight. He’s got something, he’s very fast, but he’s extremely raw. I think his best position at the moment would be as a right sided winger/attacker in a 442 or 433, systems we don’t use.

Agard on the other hand I think looks cultured, he makes smart runs, he shows for the ball, and when fully up to speed will provide good competition for Hardie and Jephcott. To be honest I’d think about giving him a start at Lincoln along with a couple of others for rotation/freshening up purposes.

Last edited: