Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Could see his impact on the field, many thanks.

Jan 27, 2012
At the time he was appointed , it sounded to me like Downing was the choice of Dewsnip and NOT Schumacher. Mark Hughes was then appointed shortly afterwards- clearly Schumacher’s choice.

I may be well off the mark here, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some tension behind the scenes.

There is a lack of experience at the club right now. Schumacher is a first time manager, Hughes a first time coach, Dewsnip a schoolteacher, kids coach and administrator, Nancekivell an experienced coach with an amateur background. Downing wasn’t very experienced either when you look at his background.

Nov 9, 2008
You'd think it was Outer Mongolia wouldn't you?

Bye then!
It does feel like it sometimes after the mammoth coach trips 😂

As long as we don’t lose Dewsnip, coaches can come and go if they are not committed to the project

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Downing is based in Bristol so it's not like we are at the other end of the country.

Summer always brings changes so hopefully things are not unraveling at the club.

Reactions: smudja

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Damn, not good. He had serious pedigree.

Clutching at straws, but maybe he contributed to the team gaining in solidity but losing a bit in attack as a result?

Bit harsh to call Neil Dewsnip a schoolteacher and kids coach, Gasp. The bloke was arguably the mastermind behind the two England youth World Cup wins.

Dec 30, 2020
And some people still think our location isn't an issue.

He also says they were in discussions for a couple of weeks. Plymouth hasn’t moved in that time.

I’m not saying location isn’t a factor but I reckon in many cases like this it’s just a socially acceptable way of saying “I wanted more money”

Reactions: Lancastergreen
May 16, 2016
At the time he was appointed , it sounded to me like Downing was the choice of Dewsnip and NOT Schumacher. Mark Hughes was then appointed shortly afterwards- clearly Schumacher’s choice.

I may be well off the mark here, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some tension behind the scenes.

There is a lack of experience at the club right now. Schumacher is a first time manager, Hughes a first time coach, Dewsnip a schoolteacher, kids coach and administrator, Nancekivell an experienced coach with an amateur background. Downing wasn’t very experienced either when you look at his background.
Probably why we just missed out on the Play offs with a record equalling number of points.

That lack of experience in doing so well really shone through.