• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

John Sillett RIP

fitz

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 28, 2006
Dubai UAE
I remember we had a serious forward shortage. and John volunteered to play centre forward.
I’ve got a feeling it was a friendly against Groningen.
Did he score? He definitely got one for us.
Well played and RIP.
Many people were very fond of him.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Top top man.

It was before my time, but apparently he ended up playing in goal one night at Home Park, when we played at the Ricoh about 12-15 years ago, we were invited on a corporate, and my old man (sadly not with us anymore) told his Cov supporting friend about this game and that due to his size and lack of mobility, my father (and others) were giving Snoz a fair bit of stick, anyway, the old man needed a toilet break, at that moment John Sillett, walked in doing the rounds amongst the hospitality, my fathers Coventry supporting friend told John Sillett about his story, a great big wide smile appeared on John's face, he waited for my father to return, then there was the introductions, Chris this is John Sillett, John this is my Argyle supporting friend Chris - without waiting JS jumped in "I remember you, you absolutely slaughtered me at Home Park when i had to play in goal, you dont think i'd forget your face do you" - my old man went white as a sheet and it was a good 5-10 seconds before he twigged. He stayed chewing the fat for about 15 mins, talking of his love for Argyle, our mutual admiration for Dave Phillips and of course 1987.

A thoroughly likeable man.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Lovely chap I only met him once but he left a real impression.

Was in the team I first supported in ‘67.

Was nicknamed Snoz by Jimmy Greaves according to Paul Hart.

Ad astra Pilgrim. :cry:

Jul 23, 2021
From memory, replaced Tony Rouncevell at Rt Back in 1966 under Derek Ufton? Classy old school fullback .... RIP John.