John Lydon to Enter Competion to Represent Ireland in the Eurovision | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

John Lydon to Enter Competion to Represent Ireland in the Eurovision

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I had to check the date and no, it isn't April 1st.

I'm not sure what I think of this. Part of me would love to see PiL rip it up at the Eurovision Song Contest (I've hated that as long as I can remember - before Bucks Fizz that's for sure), but then to see Mr anti-establishment try his hand at this the most establishment of competitions?

Then again, it isn't a bad track (and with a good message behind it, driven by his caring for his wife with her dementia) - certainly not normal Eurovision tosh, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 18, 2011
Wasn't PiL about appearing to be part of the establishment and subverting from within?

If so I'd say entering Eurovision would be entirely appropriate.

Reactions: Frank Butcher
Jul 25, 2006
Leighton Buzzard
Same- loathe everything about Eurovision, and avoid it at all costs. Contrastingly, I've long been a fan of PIL and admired Lydon too, but he isn't the bloke he used to be ( who is? - we all change). He's said some mighty odd things latterly, eg. how much he admired Trump whilst supporting him at the last election. Obviously he's always had opinions that don't coincide with the mainstream, some of which i've agreed with, others less so.
Regarding his music, he's done some brilliant stuff, and some fairly ordinary stuff, whilst PIL gigs are great to watch.
Shoulh he/they stoop so low that they enter Eurovision? I'm not so sure. Warriorrrrrr!!!

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Reckon they should just go and play ‘Don’t Ask Me’. More relevant now than it was 32 years ago.

Protest song, topical, catchy - perfect for Eurovision.