Lucas has gone to Salford

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Good luck to him in his new job.

I'm pretty relaxed about this as I don't think it would have been a particularly difficult position to fill. I've also not been entirely convinced (albeit only based on my gut instinct) that Argyle have had a very good record as far as players sustaining muscle injuries and in post-injury recovery/return to fitness is concerned.

Reactions: Chip green
May 17, 2012
Good luck to him in his new job.

I'm pretty relaxed about this as I don't think it would have been a particularly difficult position to fill. I've also not been entirely convinced (albeit only based on my gut instinct) that Argyle have had a very good record as far as players sustaining muscle injuries and in post-injury recovery/return to fitness is concerned.
With that name , you should know 😉

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Elliott Turner takes over from John Lucas, he left his job as head of sports science at National League club Solihull Moors. He started working with us today

Jun 27, 2019
When I heard that I was thinking that’s a bit of a weird aim.. was thinking I must have misheard it
Without reading the article again, he said something like the aim is for 85% player availablity. I guess that roughly equates to eight of the usual XI being available every week.

Feb 13, 2021
There it is Again! Wants to be closer to his family! I think it was him or RL who said that!
For all those people who don’t think that’s a massive issue in us getting in staff and players, this is just another example of the proof that it IS!

Jun 27, 2021
Without reading the article again, he said something like the aim is for 85% player availablity. I guess that roughly equates to eight of the usual XI being available every week.
Yes that works out and makes more sense, still I’d like us to aim higher tho, but I guess we’d all like great availability, easier said then done.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
There it is Again! Wants to be closer to his family! I think it was him or RL who said that!
For all those people who don’t think that’s a massive issue in us getting in staff and players, this is just another example of the proof that it IS!
I've no doubt that played a part in influencing him (as it would anyone) but the job is a bigger one than he had at Argyle with more responsibilty. I see that he'll be replacing 2 people so will possibly be on a bigger wedge than at Argyle.

Apr 1, 2009
Yes, it's an issue, but it becomes a much bigger if you jump up and down highlighting the negativity, rather than getting on with it.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Individuals are different.
Listen to Ryan Hardie’s recent interview and that provides a much different perspective on moving to Plymouth.
He and his family love it here and their families from up north and further are happy to visit.
He portrays a player who is very settled here and is very comfortable living in this area.
Some will be happy to grab the opportunity to move nearer to family and others will be happy to settle here.

Feb 8, 2005
I tend to agree, Davie, but I think there are two points of view.

Firstly, from the family perspective, if the family come down and enjoy life here than all is well. If not, then maybe it might unsettle the player.

A player whose family do not join him will always have an eye on moving on at the end of his contract.

Secondly, and probably more importantly, is the view of the player himself, and where he sees that the move fits into his career. Age of course comes into it. Someone joining whilst young will be looking at the move differently from someone near the twilight of his career. A player with years ahead of him will not want to plant roots but will want to do his best and hopefully move on and upwards at the end of his contract.

Travel has always been a problem. The closure of the airport many years ago did not help the situation. Players do enough miles during matches played away, and may not be willing to return to their home area as often as they may wish. Lowe does give opportunities through the season for players to get away for a few days, and the opportunity for that to occur after an away game up north would seem sensible to take up.

At the end of the day, most players move on. Those that settle here are usually near the end of their careers and can see what Plymouth and the surrounding area has to offer, far more than the younger player who is interested in the night life, maybe, and who knows that they will be able to move on when they can.

Let's face it, we see players return to the Club, usually for an event of some sort, or for the half time chat, so we must be doing something right.