Joe Mason available

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
ealinggreen":dj78ihig said:
I imagine Jordon Houghton who has also been released by franchise fc would be of much more interest.
Yes, I thought the same I thought his best days here were very good. Was quite a regular for MK Don's in the 2 seasons previous to this but not sure how he has done this campaign. Now 26 - 27 in November - he has approaching 190 starts to his name. So quite experienced compared to his spell here.

Jul 28, 2020
Great player. Iā€™ve always liked Joe, and was really disappointed when he left. He has that instinct to be in the right place at the right time..Iā€™m a bit surprised Joe hasnā€™t achieved more with his career, was really expecting great things from him.....but having said all that Iā€™m not sure Joe is who weā€™re looking for at the moment. This season our form dropped off after Frank Nouble left, and I wonder if this is a coincidence ? A lot of Frankā€™s work benefited his colleagues- just a shame he didnā€™t have more of a goal- touch himself. Also get the impression he was a great character to have around the place. Probably what we need is a Frank Nouble with a goal touch- Sean McCarthy perhaps ? A player like this would really benefit Ennis, and jephcott playing alongside.

Also need a nails/ paul wottoon figure in midfield and a sonny bradley to add some steel to the side. We can see that Loweā€™s U23 / marshmallow football hasnā€™t worked ( and ainā€™t going to work, I would say) in this division....

Dec 30, 2020
Railway sleeper":2ci7cm71 said:
Great player. Iā€™ve always liked Joe, and was really disappointed when he left. He has that instinct to be in the right place at the right time..Iā€™m a bit surprised Joe hasnā€™t achieved more with his career, was really expecting great things from him.....but having said all that Iā€™m not sure Joe is who weā€™re looking for at the moment. This season our form dropped off after Frank Nouble left, and I wonder if this is a coincidence ? A lot of Frankā€™s work benefited his colleagues- just a shame he didnā€™t have more of a goal- touch himself. Also get the impression he was a great character to have around the place. Probably what we need is a Frank Nouble with a goal touch- Sean McCarthy perhaps ? A player like this would really benefit Ennis, and jephcott playing alongside.

Also need a nails/ paul wottoon figure in midfield and a sonny bradley to add some steel to the side. We can see that Loweā€™s U23 / marshmallow football hasnā€™t worked ( and ainā€™t going to work, I would say) in this division....

Nouble wasn't really playing when he was here and looked absolutely terrible when he did. But I do agree that we need the option of a different type of centre forward, who can hold the ball up, compete physically with big strong defenders, and bring the second striker or runners from midfield into the game.

Someone with the attributes of Ryan Taylor but without the injury problems. Much easier said than done, of course...

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I had high hopes of Nouble.

I think the problem was he was brought in as a central striker, but was so used to playing out wide he kept dr8ifting out of position.

Oct 31, 2015
Cobi Budge":j73vt1ot said:
We donā€™t need to get ourselves all wet and sticky every time a former player becomes available. No thanks.

Agreed :thumbup:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The only former players I'd bite your hand off to take back tomorrow are Sonny Bradley, Ruben Lameiras, Scott Sinclair, Yannick Bolasie, Curtis Nelson, Ashley Barnes, Conor Hourihane, Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid, Jack Stephens, Dan Gosling, Ben Gibson and Zak Vyner.

And none of them are coming back.

So otherwise, fresh blood please.

JannerinCardiff

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Cobi Budge":2dzu32z9 said:
The only former players I'd bite your hand off to take back tomorrow are Sonny Bradley, Ruben Lameiras, Scott Sinclair, Yannick Bolasie, Curtis Nelson, Ashley Barnes, Conor Hourihane, Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid, Jack Stephens, Dan Gosling, Ben Gibson and Zak Vyner.

You wouldnā€™t want Graham Carey back on a free then Cobi?

Jul 12, 2016
JannerinCardiff":2ur8rlz2 said:
Cobi Budge":2ur8rlz2 said:

I would prefer a free Carey to a freeMason. :whistle:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
JannerinCardiff":wrqjkh9r said:
Cobi Budge":wrqjkh9r said:

I know he was young when he left Argyle but Sam Gallagher would be appreciated considering all the playing experience he has gained since he went. He is a big lad..

C

Cult Of Personality

Injuries have slowed Joe Mason down and he ain't the player he was . With Ennis Hardie and Jepcott we not short of striker's. We just need better player in the midfield and out wide to set them up .

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":3j6fd92o said:
Cobi Budge":3j6fd92o said:

I probably would but my worry would be that heā€™s 31 now and that he may not be the same player, my list was based upon players Iā€™d take back in a heartbeat.

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Steve Evans":2zwv8ywd said:
if joe can't get a game in a team that i thought were ordinary something must have gone wrong with him.it's a no from me.

Ordinary? I thought they were far better than us when we played them at Home Park a few weeks ago. Their results and rise up the league table since then rather confirms this.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The Doctor":236ybda6 said:
Steve Evans":236ybda6 said:
if joe can't get a game in a team that i thought were ordinary something must have gone wrong with him.it's a no from me.

Ordinary? I thought they were far better than us when we played them at Home Park a few weeks ago. Their results and rise up the league table since then rather confirms this.
I'd agree with that. After going 5 games without a win they've had just 2 defeats in their last 11 matches. Would have loved that form for us.