Jephcott called up for Wales U21 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jephcott called up for Wales U21

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
How do we know that we may have had a bid or two that we've turned down...

I personally think Luke has a lot more to give. He's an instinctive natural finisher and across the last two seasons our best striker in terms of goals to minutes played ratio. In the last 2 seasons he's scored 30 goals in 5,594 minutes on the pitch. That's a goal to min ratio of a goal every 186 minutes (or a goal every 2.067 games). So based on that, if you made the assumption that Luke played every minute in League 1 next year based on his form over the last 2 seasons he'd be expected to score 22.25 goals.

Compare this to Ryan Hardie who was our top goalscorer last season... across the last 2 seasons Hardie played 6,272 minutes and scored 25 goals, that's a goal per min ratio of 250.88 (a goal every 2.787 games). So based on that, if you made the assumption that Ryan played every minute in League 1 next year based on his form over the last 2 seasons he'd be expected to score 16.5 goals.

Luke Jephcott is still our best striker at the club currently (in terms of goalscoring) imo and he's also our youngest.
This guy maths!

Reactions: Penmaster
Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
...and yet he's still here...fending off all the bids no doubt.

Unfortunately for Jephers most clubs understand that you need so much more to your game AND there are actually other players out there that can give them the extra that is needed.

Remember this conversation...Jephcott will not play any higher than League 1. In fact, I'll go so far to say that his next club will be a league 2 side at most.
"Alexa, save this post to replay later"... Purely for the arrogance on display, I'd love to see this post proved wrong!

Reactions: DartPilgrim

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

Unfortunately for Jephers most clubs understand that you need so much more to your game AND there are actually other players out there that can give them the extra that is needed.

Remember this conversation...Jephcott will not play any higher than League 1. In fact, I'll go so far to say that his next club will be a league 2 side at most.

Mods - is there anyway to sticky a post for future reference??

Sep 2, 2008
Probably why I’m a statistician mate.
Ahhh...that explains things even more...not able to see the full picture.

More focussed on the stats rather that what is materialising in front of your own eyes.

A popular Manager that by some was deemed to be light years ahead of his peers at the time once said, 'We had a good team on paper, unfortunately the game was (is) played on grass'.

Take your eyes off the stats and watch the player. He is slow, cumbersome even, carrying quite a bit of timber, the ball doesn't stick, his first touch is poor, he can't head a ball (he's a striker remember) and he can rarely last 90 mins.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London

I hope he doesn't read Pasoti...

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

More focussed on the stats rather that what is materialising in front of your own eyes.

A popular Manager that by some was deemed to be light years ahead of his peers at the time once said, 'We had a good team on paper, unfortunately the game was (is) played on grass'.

Take your eyes off the stats and watch the player. He is slow, cumbersome even, carrying quite a bit of timber, the ball doesn't stick, his first touch is poor, he can't head a ball (he's a striker remember) and he can rarely last 90 mins.
Totally disagree with your view that Jephcott has a poor first touch tbh.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
If this is the case then I would be seriously questioning Schuey's judgement.

I think the truth is closer to being that no-one has even asked.
Or that any bids didn’t meet our valuation - who’s to know?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location

Blimey! The Welsh Under 21 Manager and all his staff need sacking shirley??!!