๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
โœ… Evergreen
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Last edited:

JannerinCardiff

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ
โ™ฃ๏ธ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Good luck Luke ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคž

Sep 2, 2008
Why hasn't anyone come in for him in this or any other transfer window?

I really can't understand it... :unsure: :rolleyes:

JannerinCardiff

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ
โ™ฃ๏ธ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Why hasn't anyone come in for him in this or any other transfer window?

I really can't understand it... :unsure: :rolleyes:

How do we know that we may have had a bid or two that we've turned down...

I personally think Luke has a lot more to give. He's an instinctive natural finisher and across the last two seasons our best striker in terms of goals to minutes played ratio. In the last 2 seasons he's scored 30 goals in 5,594 minutes on the pitch. That's a goal to min ratio of a goal every 186 minutes (or a goal every 2.067 games). So based on that, if you made the assumption that Luke played every minute in League 1 next year based on his form over the last 2 seasons he'd be expected to score 22.25 goals.

Compare this to Ryan Hardie who was our top goalscorer last season... across the last 2 seasons Hardie played 6,272 minutes and scored 25 goals, that's a goal per min ratio of 250.88 (a goal every 2.787 games). So based on that, if you made the assumption that Ryan played every minute in League 1 next year based on his form over the last 2 seasons he'd be expected to score 16.5 goals.

Luke Jephcott is still our best striker at the club currently (in terms of goalscoring) imo and he's also our youngest.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
He missed two sitters against MK. But yeah I agree he is our best striker...he reminds me of Francis Jeffers. A fox in the box type.

Sep 2, 2008
He missed two sitters against MK. But yeah I agree he is our best striker...he reminds me of Francis Jeffers. A fox in the box type.
I also recall a few one on ones with the keeper as well.

He struggles playing League 1 football and imo, he is destined to play the majority of his football in League 2 or below.

• Haha
Reactions: briangreen

JannerinCardiff

โ™ฃ๏ธ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Jephers always reminded me of a young Robbie Fowler personally, same sort of build and stature, wasnโ€™t blessed with pace but always got chances by finding space and was an instinctive finisher.

Reactions: smudja

JannerinCardiff

โ™ฃ๏ธ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I also recall a few one on ones with the keeper as well.

He struggles playing League 1 football and imo, he is destined to play the majority of his football in League 2 or below.
Jephcott struggles to play league 1 football yet he has one of the best goals to minutes ratios of any striker in league 1 over the last 2 seasons ???

Sep 2, 2008
Jephers always reminded me of a young Robbie Fowler personally, same sort of build and stature, wasnโ€™t blessed with pace but always got chances by finding space and was an instinctive finisher.
Ahh, that explains a lot. You have a wild and vivid imagination.

A young Robbie Fowler:ROFLMAO:

Sep 2, 2008
Jephcott struggles to play league 1 football yet he has one of the best goals to minutes ratios of any striker in league 1 over the last 2 seasons ???
...and yet he's still here...fending off all the bids no doubt.

Unfortunately for Jephers most clubs understand that you need so much more to your game AND there are actually other players out there that can give them the extra that is needed.

Remember this conversation...Jephcott will not play any higher than League 1. In fact, I'll go so far to say that his next club will be a league 2 side at most.

JannerinCardiff

โ™ฃ๏ธ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
...and yet he's still here...fending off all the bids no doubt.

Unfortunately for Jephers most clubs understand that you need so much more to your game AND there are actually other players out there that can give them the extra that is needed.

Remember this conversation...Jephcott will not play any higher than League 1. In fact, I'll go so far to say that his next club will be a league 2 side at most.

I think Jephcott will get on the pitch for Argyle in the championship personally.

JannerinCardiff

โ™ฃ๏ธ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Ahh, that explains a lot. You have a wild and vivid imagination.

A young Robbie Fowler:ROFLMAO:

I explained why I thought that, not saying they are the same level at all but there are similarities between the two of them.