cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire

mulliongreen

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2009
Another big club that cannot accept their current position in the football pyramid, they are where they are because they are not good enough, cue an upturn in form.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I just wonder when the Directors of another 'big' club, Portsmouth, will go down the same route? It must be hurting them big time to be eliminated from the Cup by a recent National League team.

Reactions: Fulwoodgreen

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If you’re a League 1 chairman and your aim is to get to the Championship, there probably aren’t many better managers around than Paul Cook.

I’d take him in a heartbeat if we were managerless.

Sep 25, 2010
If you’re a League 1 chairman and your aim is to get to the Championship, there probably aren’t many better managers around than Paul Cook.

I’d take him in a heartbeat if we were managerless.
Sorry, Cobi, can’t agree with you.
PaulCook is ok, but a good manager to get to the championship, very debatable point.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Paul Cook had it good at Pompey. Biggest budget by a mile in L2 and they’ll always be competitive at the top of L1 for as long as they stay in this division.

He then had it good at Wigan, inheriting a very good squad.

Personally I think he underachieved massively with Ipswich. On paper they have the best squad in the division. Football isn’t played on paper but he should have got more of a tune out of that set of players.

A very attractive proposition for managers.

Sep 13, 2003
Paul Cook has under achieved at every club he has every managed. He spent over £2 million pounds on transfer fees alone at Ipswich. The ginger one with floppy hair won't be impressed.

Nov 18, 2011
It feels like Danny Cowley has been hanging onto the Pompey job for a while now. Winning their last 4 league games has probably saved him from being sacked following their cup loss.