Investment thread | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Investment thread

Dec 28, 2023
I don't think he does. You don't put the roof on a house without solid foundations. Granted, we may need to drop off a tad to move forward, but ultimately the club IS moving forward, relegation or not (it's called the bigger picture.....!)
I agree, you can't expect quality players to come in without decent facilities for matches and training. Quality attracts quality and we don't want to eliminate any image of a tin pot club. A worthwhile investment.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
I agree, you can't expect quality players to come in without decent facilities for matches and training. Quality attracts quality and we don't want to eliminate any image of a tin pot club. A worthwhile investment.
Yeah... coaches that have played at the highest level would also inspire.
Brum ( not that it stopped them being relegated ) have Ashley Cole and another ex england player on their coaching staff, just helps with recruitment and persuasion to sign. A target for the future perhaps. There are other priorities for investment.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024
Ever the pessimist then?
Well, without a substantial uplift in wages where do you see us finishing?

Derby and Portsmouth will have significant budgets and we finished 4th bottom.

We must increase our budget substantially.

I can’t yet name 3 teams in next years Championship who currently have a weaker squad than ours.

Reactions: Said old Green
Feb 22, 2021
Seems to be lots of rumour of investment coming in. Is this wishful thinking or any actual substance to it? Is it just silly season until next season starts?

Jul 5, 2023
I wondered why Simon Hallett flew back to the States so quickly after the end of the season when we are recruiting a new head coach shortly. My surmise is that he's meeting some potential US investors now we've remained in the Championship.

I certainly hope so

Dec 30, 2011
I wondered why Simon Hallett flew back to the States so quickly after the end of the season when we are recruiting a new head coach shortly. My surmise is that he's meeting some potential US investors now we've remained in the Championship.

I certainly hope so
thought Hallett had business interests of his own in USA?

Jul 12, 2016
Well, without a substantial uplift in wages where do you see us finishing?

Derby and Portsmouth will have significant budgets and we finished 4th bottom.

We must increase our budget substantially.

I can’t yet name 3 teams in next years Championship who currently have a weaker squad than ours.
The season has only just finished, we have yet to appoint a new head coach and we don’t know which players will join us or leave so the current strength of squads is immaterial. Most fans would say we are more likely to be bottom half than top half but who knows?