Investment thread | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Investment thread

Apr 2, 2024
No. I believe £11 million of Brickfields money is cash from the club.

I am just disappointed there was no real discussion around spreading this £11 million over, say 3 years, by earmarking future tv money to pay for it giving more money for the transfer budget now.

I believe Argyle Green would have supported this approach.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland

I am just disappointed there was no real discussion around spreading this £11 million over, say 3 years, by earmarking future tv money to pay for it giving more money for the transfer budget now.

You can't earmark future TV money against it, because we don't yet have it. There's no guarantee that spending more would keep us up. You might not want to accept that your idea would be risking the future of the club, but it would be.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

Couldn’t ear mark the tv money because obviously not guaranteed to be in the Championship to get the higher tv money

The Pasty Kid

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
Plus these schemes normally involve coordination of different funding sources, match funds etc. Once agreed that this is a useful community Argyle can't say, we'll put ours in later - if we stay up - because we want to buy Finn Azaz.

Oct 31, 2015
There seems to be a bit of blindness around debating the full role of a chairman.

Why not debate the point rather than posting passive aggressive comments?
No blindness from this call sign. I think some need a reality check with real life. SH knows exactly what is needed but you don't just get what you want in this world, there are disappointments and people have to graft. SH is no different.

Passive aggressive 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
SH is an investment guy and spending money on infrastructure is always going to be high on the list as it essentially guarantees a return (improved player performance, enhanced prestige). Player trading is incredibly risky. What if Azaz had come back and played like he did when he first came back from injury? Or done his ACL in pre-season?

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall

Borrowing against future income that isn't guaranteed...what could possibly go wrong?!

Reactions: Lev Yashin
Apr 4, 2004

Spending other people’s money is so easy. Just put your hand deeper in your pocket and pull out more. I demand it, yes sounds like fun to me. I can’t bring myself to criticize our owner at all. He is smart enough to know when or if he’s made a mistake and I’m sure he’ll try very hard to solve our situation. He’s not minted like some owners out there. We always knew that is the case. I’m sure we’d all prefer him to be able to spend more. But he’s building the club and I’m very grateful for him. I have seen Argyle grow and improve in front of my eyes. It’s been a long time since we’ve been able to say that. That is down to Mr & Mrs Hallett. It can be tough being an Argyle fan. Just like it can for any club that is limited by its resources. Our reality is we may go down. There are worse things that can happen to us. We’ve seen them.

Apr 2, 2024
Borrowing against future income that isn't guaranteed...what could possibly go wrong?!
We wouldn’t be borrowing against future income.

Just spreading the payments over more time.

Both League 1 and the Championship have guaranteed TV money. We could have said that 50% of TV money goes to the Brickfields project and 50% goes to immediate squad needs.

Additionally, this isn’t me “spending other people’s money”. This is guaranteed money for the club from the TV deal going to the club.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Our Custodian has been very transparent in how he chooses to run our Club
He is not a boom & bust merchant & is the Champion of sustainability
Kieran Maguire - The Price of Football Podcast host is a big fan of our Custodian
Look at WBA with a £46 million wage bill for the season ending 2023- they finished 9th
The Championship is full of clubs with owners with deep pockets who are devious in how they report their year to date accounts hoping not to fall foul of the EFL - why do you think the EFL is all over certain clubs in respect of their financial practises
Simon has brought our club on in so many aspects & he is certainly not going to jeopardise our club on a flight of fancy
Increasing the playing budget does not guarantee success - ask any fan of any football club if their marque signings have pulled up tress & given their club the instant success they crave

Oct 10, 2018
Our Custodian has been very transparent in how he chooses to run our Club
He is not a boom & bust merchant & is the Champion of sustainability
Kieran Maguire - The Price of Football Podcast host is a big fan of our Custodian
Look at WBA with a £46 million wage bill for the season ending 2023- they finished 9th
The Championship is full of clubs with owners with deep pockets who are devious in how they report their year to date accounts hoping not to fall foul of the EFL - why do you think the EFL is all over certain clubs in respect of their financial practises
Simon has brought our club on in so many aspects & he is certainly not going to jeopardise our club on a flight of fancy
Increasing the playing budget does not guarantee success - ask any fan of any football club if their marque signings have pulled up tress & given their club the instant success they crave
This is a very well constructed and objective reflection, Argyle fans should be very content with SH handling of the club, a steady and progressive approach is far better that recklous over reaching, always chasing the next big thing. Many football fans suffer from Fomo, but forget the best things in.life are those we work hardest for to achieve, so pls be patient all and believe in the process.

Love the idea of brickfields being renamed the Hallett stadium,