• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Incoming?? Mickel Miller signs

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Could it be that this new generation of players don't see our location as a problem. With zoom face time. Social media etc.
It’s more likely that some players, as always, don’t see location as a problem whereas some (probably many) do. The trick is to find the ones for whom location isn’t an issue and/or offer contracts and opportunities that are sufficiently tempting to outweigh any negative thoughts about location.

Reactions: Furnell and Drake
Jan 6, 2004
I suspect it is the same problem it always has been, its not as if we have never signed players before. We will just have less options than more centrally based clubs and/or will have to pay more for the same talent.

I am convinced the difficulty in attracting players due to geography is the reason we are the biggest city in Europe never to have had a club playing in the top league. I still think a Bristol area training facility (around M4/M5 junction) is the long term answer to this- more players could commute to training from wherever they are based on a day to day basis without a huge life upheaval, and would be much closer to most away games. Could have a purpose built accommodation in Plymouth for home games (perhaps flats that could be rented out the rest of the time) and combine community work in Plymouth and surrounds with home games.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I suspect it is the same problem it always has been, its not as if we have never signed players before. We will just have less options than more centrally based clubs and/or will have to pay more for the same talent.

I am convinced the difficulty in attracting players due to geography is the reason we are the biggest city in Europe never to have had a club playing in the top league. I still think a Bristol area training facility (around M4/M5 junction) is the long term answer to this- more players could commute to training from wherever they are based on a day to day basis without a huge life upheaval, and would be much closer to most away games. Could have a purpose built accommodation in Plymouth for home games (perhaps flats that could be rented out the rest of the time) and combine community work in Plymouth and surrounds with home games.
Interesting GF but do not forget Argyle are developing a lot of local talent, who are coming forward. It makes it difficult for Cornwall/Plymouth/West Devon placed guys required to travel to the M4/M5 interchange on a daily basis for training. I take on board the fact that the team is not going to be totally local in origin, but it may put off some lads being ambitious with the club, and therefore look to a team based in Exeter. Just a thought?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth

Coming up on the rails is the City of Westminster. On 2019 figures only 781 people behind Plymouth in population terms.

Attachments

• Cities.png
    Cities.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 11

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
This signing might bring the best out of Jephcott. I like him personally. He gets slated on here but he does score goals and has lacked service. Hopefully we can address that now.

Totally agree. I still think Jephcott is our best finisher at the club. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Luke has the best goals to mins ratio for us in the 22-23 season.

Reactions: tonycrowuk