If reid was to go.. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

If reid was to go..

May 26, 2011
Was just thinking of our options if reid was to do a runner (hopefully not!), but who would be best man for the job? I personally wouldn't mind to see fletcher in with a chance, he's been a great motivator thru a tough season and a fantastic skipper for us. And could possibly save us some money too! :wink:

C

Connor Clarke

He won't go :lol:

But it would be Trollope if he did go.. but he won't.. ok?

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
GreenSam":15zegpw6 said:
1) He won't go
2) If he did, I reckon Hart would get it
3) My choice would be Sadler.

Number 3 would be my choice too ............... it looks like Danny Wilson has the Sheff Utd job so worry not

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
greenmarc":3dj1kewf said:
GreenSam":3dj1kewf said:
1) He won't go
2) If he did, I reckon Hart would get it
3) My choice would be Sadler.

Number 3 would be my choice too ............... it looks like Danny Wilson has the Sheff Utd job so worry not

At the Senior Greens todat Peter Ridsdale wanted to keep him and give him a type of rolling contract. :mrgreen: :stout: :appl: :appl:

Aug 19, 2009
Pontypoolgreen":kh66y8sa said:
So he wasn't interviewed for the Sheffield job then??

can't blame him one bit, he doesn't know if he has a job next season or not.

No harm in having an interview to see what would of been offered etc.

A bigger challenge with us than at Sheffield United, which Mr. Reid might thrive on.

T

Tim Chown

A rolling contract is good; it means the club has learnt something from its inability - if you believe Stapleton - to sack Sturrock due to the cost of paying up his contract.

Much as I'd like to see us send Reid a positive message with a 3 year contract, I don't think our position makes that at all prudent.

Apr 1, 2009
GreenGuy":29lyytg4 said:
A rolling contract is good; it means the club has learnt something from its inability - if you believe Stapleton - to sack Sturrock due to the cost of paying up his contract.

Much as I'd like to see us send Reid a positive message with a 3 year contract, I don't think our position makes that at all prudent.

Reid has proved himself beyond all doubt as a person, going far beyond the call of duty to help keep the club afloat. I don't believe he's proven as our team manager, but only due to the fact he hasn't had a chance. I very much hope he gets that chance.

My only reservation is that Reid is so adored by a significant section of the fanbase (Sir Peter, St Peter etc), that it will be extremely difficult to get rid of him should it be necessary to do so at some point in the future. His extreme loyalty is quite rightly valued, but it must not mean a job for life.

S

Sly_Fox

Cobi Budge":jqu6k32f said:
I think Paul Ince should be appointed :grin:

I certainly hope not.
And I can also recall some snide remarks about 'small clubs' when he got relegated with Wolves ... something along the lines of "I don't really fancy playing teams like Plymouth next season"