Idiot supporters (Smokebombgate) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Idiot supporters (Smokebombgate)

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I go to a football match to watch the game & enjoy the occasion with fellow like minded greens
I for the life of me will never understand fans who think it is totally acceptable to turn up at a game either the worst for wear due to alcohol consumption before & during the game or think it is totally acceptable to set off a flare
I am no killjoy but sometimes you think these people have left their common sense at home when they go to a football match

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2005
I like to have a good few pints before the game. Donā€™t act like youā€™re a super fan because you donā€™t drink.

Thank god you lot arenā€™t fans of clubs around Europe where they have mass flare/pyrotechnics shows for 90 minutes!
Beware, alcohol is the curse of the devil.
It takes away all sense and reason.
Not that the young had any in the first place, mind!
The older you get, the wiser you become.

Mar 14, 2009
There is one guy l remember people complained about regarding his language & behaviour at Argyle games.

He is now a YouTube sensation. I think that explains the world we currently live in.

Aug 4, 2011
I go to a football match to watch the game & enjoy the occasion with fellow like minded greens
I for the life of me will never understand fans who think it is totally acceptable to turn up at a game either the worst for wear due to alcohol consumption before & during the game or think it is totally acceptable to set off a flare
Many will see the Argyle game as only a small part of the day / weekend. it was our first London game since COVID. Was always going to be a popular choice. Again many would have took the train so could have a few beverages, or stayed up and made the weekend of it. People do have other hobbies and past times aside from argyle believe it or not

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Many will see the Argyle game as only a small part of the day / weekend. it was our first London game since COVID. Was always going to be a popular choice. Again many would have took the train so could have a few beverages, or stayed up and made the weekend of it. People do have other hobbies and past times aside from argyle believe it or not
I agree, it's probably a full day or weekend in the Capital for some Argyle fans so a chance to let your hair down and enjoy it.
No need for the flare though, aside from the safety issues Argyle will also have to stump up the fine.

Aug 5, 2005
Well Iā€™d say so. It isnā€™t exactly Heysel is it? You want this lad banned for life over throwing a can of coloured smoke on the pitch. He hasnā€™t even tried to hurt anyone, there is no intent to do anyone any harm.
The irony is, Iā€˜d bet among the mob calling for lifetime ban, there will be a few who did far worse things (they wouldnā€™t like to admit now) following Argyle in the 70s and 80s.
You know it's a lad?

Aug 5, 2005
We must be one of the only clubs with the obsession of wanting to ban someone for life for attempting to create an atmosphere. I bet those clamouring for this life time ban donā€™t know the ā€œculpritā€. We saw only a few weeks ago dozens of posters jumping to the defence of ā€œOllieā€ saying how harsh the ban was, only to then find out that it was a different ā€œOllieā€ and they didnā€™t even know him.

Too many happy to make judgements on people they donā€™t even know, yes it is against the rules and regs to bring flares into stadiums, so let the authorities deal with it.

I thought the modern day ā€œflaresā€ were nothing more than smoke canisters that didnā€™t radiate any heat anyway?
Yet some will blindly jump to the defence of people they have never met.

It burnt a hole in the pitch

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Green 1886

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I know I did far worse things at a football ground when I was under 25.

smudja

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
I know I did far worse things at a football ground when I was under 25.
toilet rolls are far worse than flares

• Haha
Reactions: David Doidge
Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
In the modern game is is simply not acceptable to throw anything onto the pitch. People know this and yet continue to throw objects. There is no excuse at all. Smoke and flares are dangerous, i work with explosives, including fireworks and flares. The individual should be made aware of the dangers and fined accordingly, including the cost of any repair of damage caused. Banning them will achieve nothing. Hitting people in the pocket does a lot more.

smudja

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
In the modern game is is simply not acceptable to throw anything onto the pitch. People know this and yet continue to throw objects. There is no excuse at all. Smoke and flares are dangerous, i work with explosives, including fireworks and flares. The individual should be made aware of the dangers and fined accordingly, including the cost of any repair of damage caused. Banning them will achieve nothing. Hitting people in the pocket does a lot more.
A.. Im an Armourer :)

Reactions: greenplumber
Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Maybe Iā€™m be
Beware, alcohol is the curse of the devil.
It takes away all sense and reason.
Not that the young had any in the first place, mind!
The older you get, the wiser you become.
Perhaps Iā€™m being whooshed but how sanctimonious can you get? It would be easy to make a number of generalisations about the older demographic of our fan base but Iā€™ll refrain.