Idiot supporters (Smokebombgate) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Idiot supporters (Smokebombgate)

Aug 5, 2005
Why is it only football that seems to have this problem with pyrotechnics?

I was watching the F1 last week and the whole stand was occupied by smoke from multiple pyrotechnics after the race had finished. No burns, no asthma attacks, no problems to be reported from my brief time researching.
Yeah, everyone was delighted about the flares

"Drivers plead with fans to stop using flares in the stands"

Aug 5, 2005
I believe banning a supporter for life is a very extreme thing to do, and warrants a better reason than for throwing something on the pitch which released some colour and smoke. Most likely by a youngster who looks up to the football atmospheres in Turkey and South America, and is just trying to demonstrate his passionate support for Argyle.
The lad broke the law and made a mistake. Do you not think there is some middle ground between a punishment and banning someone from following their football club for the rest of their life?
I canā€™t believe the way some self righteous supporters throw it about, ā€˜ban him for life - he did something relatively minor that didnā€™t hurt anyone that I didnā€™t likeā€™.
ā€™They donā€™t deserve to attend a football match ever again, itā€™s the only way theyā€™ll learnā€™.
So you are honestly calling it relatively minor?

Aside from that, it's embarrassing. We are a league 1 team, not Inter Milan

Reactions: David Doidge
Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
The culprit could have been as young as 14 or 15 years old. Imposing a lifetime ban in my opinion would be a completely disproportionate measure. The club should just the case on its merits before sanctioning the individual.

Reactions: Leigh Rapson
Aug 5, 2016
So you are honestly calling it relatively minor?

Aside from that, it's embarrassing. We are a league 1 team, not Inter Milan
Well Iā€™d say so. It isnā€™t exactly Heysel is it? You want this lad banned for life over throwing a can of coloured smoke on the pitch. He hasnā€™t even tried to hurt anyone, there is no intent to do anyone any harm.
The irony is, Iā€˜d bet among the mob calling for lifetime ban, there will be a few who did far worse things (they wouldnā€™t like to admit now) following Argyle in the 70s and 80s.

Aug 4, 2011
We must be one of the only clubs with the obsession of wanting to ban someone for life for attempting to create an atmosphere. I bet those clamouring for this life time ban donā€™t know the ā€œculpritā€. We saw only a few weeks ago dozens of posters jumping to the defence of ā€œOllieā€ saying how harsh the ban was, only to then find out that it was a different ā€œOllieā€ and they didnā€™t even know him.

Too many happy to make judgements on people they donā€™t even know, yes it is against the rules and regs to bring flares into stadiums, so let the authorities deal with it.

I thought the modern day ā€œflaresā€ were nothing more than smoke canisters that didnā€™t radiate any heat anyway?

Aug 5, 2015
What if it ends up with the club being fined by the EFL? Do we all have to suffer because one person got carried away? Letā€™s do nothing and get an even bigger fine next time. Streuth!

Reactions: David Doidge

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Iā€™m not sure that a life ban is necessary but I think itā€™s important that significant actions are taken for this kind of thing as a deterrent to others.

Reactions: Shadowknight
May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Argyle fans behaving disrespectfully at smaller club's ground. Surely not

All joking aside, these idiots who throw flares should be dealt with by their contemporaries. Pretty unpleasant to have to breath in the smoke and I witnessed it on two away grounds during the promotion season before lockdown.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
We must be one of the only clubs with the obsession of wanting to ban someone for life for attempting to create an atmosphere. I bet those clamouring for this life time ban donā€™t know the ā€œculpritā€. We saw only a few weeks ago dozens of posters jumping to the defence of ā€œOllieā€ saying how harsh the ban was, only to then find out that it was a different ā€œOllieā€ and they didnā€™t even know him.

Too many happy to make judgements on people they donā€™t even know, yes it is against the rules and regs to bring flares into stadiums, so let the authorities deal with it.

I thought the modern day ā€œflaresā€ were nothing more than smoke canisters that didnā€™t radiate any heat anyway?
Creating an atmosphere? Come on.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
There must be a group of fans around him/her who know the culprit.
If the club is to be fined he/she should be identified.