• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

I think Labour has got it wrong

Nov 15, 2011
I think BG is spot on to be honest.
Blair government was Tories under sheep's clothing.
Utter garbage, compare what they did for schools hospitals minimum wage etc and all the stuff Ave It listed, that’s the opposite of what the tories have done.

• Haha
Reactions: Emu
Nov 15, 2011
No it doesn’t fit reality unless you can show otherwise, it’s pretty meaningless to throw out a bunch of words without anything whatsoever to back it up. It’s like you saying the moon is made of cheese, I say no it isn’t and you say it doesn’t fit my agenda.

So would you like to explain what your words mean, if anything.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I'm sorry but I don't have hours of free time like you do every day to paint political essays, nor could I be arsed to tell you in all honestly, even if I did have the time.

I shall however leave you with the acclaimed Political Compass' historical insight of Labour/New Labours stance over the last few years for you to divulge

Enjoy.

Attachments

• enPartiesTime.gif
    enPartiesTime.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 15
Nov 15, 2011
This obscure website where some bloke in New Zealand arbitrarily draws some points on a graph doesn’t advance your argument too far.

But that’s not what you think , what’s your opinion that makes you think the Blair government was just like the tories?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
Pasoti Donor
Sep 30, 2003
Very strong approval rates for Starmers speech from Opinium/ Sky poll.

Over 60% found him competent caring and in touch with ordinary people. Much higher ratings than Johnson or Corbyn on their first conference speeches as leaders.
You really should stop quoting polls. They aren’t accurate.

Edited to add Johnson was very low on those stats, but still smashed it in the election.

• Haha
Reactions: Emu
Nov 15, 2011
Just looking at the graph it shows the Blair governments were nearer to fascism than the Thatcher ones and just below Hitler on another graph.

I reckon the kiwis political modelling was based on a game of pin the tail on the donkey.

Nov 15, 2011
You really should stop quoting polls. They aren’t accurate.

I think people on here are intelligent enough to realise they’re not 100% accurate.

People quote them all the time on this forum, what was it about this particular one that upset you?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
Pasoti Donor
Sep 30, 2003
I think people on here are intelligent enough to realise they’re not 100% accurate.

People quote them all the time on this forum, what was it about this particular one that upset you?
The fact that Boris’ rating were so low on exactly the same numbers, yet he still smashed Labour in the elections. They are meaningless.

Nov 15, 2011
Johnson’s ratings weren’t so low but they were lower than Starmers. what happened in the election is a completely different issue, notably he was up against Corbyn whose public approval ratings really were so low.

The poll ratings are obviously not meaningless though whether they lead to a sustained support for Starmer only the future will tell. They indicate that the public took seriously and positively what they saw today.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
Pasoti Donor
Sep 30, 2003
Johnson’s ratings weren’t so low but they were lower than Starmers. what happened in the election is a completely different issue, notably he was up against Corbyn whose public approval ratings really were so low.

The poll ratings are obviously not meaningless though whether they lead to a sustained support for Starmer only the future will tell. They indicate that the public took seriously and positively what they saw today.
Johnson’s ratings on exactly the same questions were way lower. Wtf does they ‘weren’t so low, but were lower’ mean? You asked a question and I answered it.

Nov 15, 2011
Err “so low” was your phrase. I said they weren’t “so low” which they weren’t. They were 5-10% lower than Starmer on everything but empathising and caring about other people. Obviously.

None of which is particularly relevant. It is what it is , the poll is a snapshot of how people felt about the speech today. Which isn’t meaningless.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
Pasoti Donor
Sep 30, 2003
Here are the figures. I won’t hold my breath waiting for your apology for misrepresenting them. 26AC9097-A3BA-43A1-90E1-5555A19D0B79.jpeg

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
This obscure website where some bloke in New Zealand arbitrarily draws some points on a graph doesn’t advance your argument too far.

But that’s not what you think , what’s your opinion that makes you think the Blair government was just like the tories?
How dare you tell others what they think and what they don’t think! Opinions are based on what people see and hear, be it on the news, internet or elsewhere. You have based plenty or your opinions on opinion polls, which are by definition other peoples opinions.

Blair introduced the privatisation of the NHS and went to war to suck up to the yanks, sounds very Tory to me, but I read that so it’s obviously not my opinion and therefore not valid.