How long… | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

How long…

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Lucky Forest fans that it appears the owner is not thinking that way then Doc. They’ve got a great academy and there is probably a good future for them with the right man in charge, hence some interest in Eddie Howe I hear. No way they’d want Pulis in there encouraging ale house footballers

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Pulis is the same as Wesley, Beck, Ainsworth etc etc. Nothing more.

A coward who cares less about football and more about points.

We're all entitled to our opinion, to call it tripe is pure arrogance.
But Ian that was his brief. He wasn't told to be popular, he was asked to do whatever it took to stay up. We didn't have a spare 10 million to buy ourselves out of trouble, so we went with the ugly result driven option.

Nothing arrogant about that, it's factual. As I said i don't like the guy, but I wouldn't let it blind me from the fact he achieved what he was asked and paid to do.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
But Ian that was his brief. He wasn't told to be popular, he was asked to do whatever it took to stay up. We didn't have a spare 10 million to buy ourselves out of trouble, so we went with the ugly result driven option.

Nothing arrogant about that, it's factual. As I said i don't like the guy, but I wouldn't let it blind me from the fact he achieved what he was asked and paid to do.

how do you mean, buy us out of trouble. He had almost a full season so it’s not like he came in as a firefighter with three months to save the club. And what was his excuse for the tripe he served up at clubs with bigger budgets then? He has always set his teams up the same way.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
They need organisation and should go into survival mode even if they are early into a season.

The team is rock bottom and whilst a Eddie Howe would be a good long term option to build with, a Pulis or Allardyce appointment would be my preference. Not pretty but structured and back to basics.

No brainer for me. 8 months of stability and then re-access but first and foremost secure your position within the league as soon as possible after a disastrous start

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Pulis is the same as Wesley, Beck, Ainsworth etc etc. Nothing more.

A coward who cares less about football and more about points.

We're all entitled to our opinion, to call it tripe is pure arrogance.
They need organisation and should go into survival mode even if they are early into a season.

The team is rock bottom and whilst a Eddie Howe would be a good long term option to build with, a Pulis or Allardyce appointment would be my preference. Not pretty but structured and back to basics.

No brainer for me. 8 months of stability and then re-access but first and foremost secure your position within the league as soon as possible after a disastrous start
Out of the names being put forward, if I were a Forest fan I’d prefer Wilder. He’d get them organised although when he took over at the Blunts he didn’t have a great start. Some good young players at Forest.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
One thing about Tony Pulis I didn’t like. Nepotism. Anthony Pulis only played league level football because of his father - he was awful imo.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Lowe’s not stupid, and he knows that in football management timing is everything. Why quit a club which is moving upward, with potential (I know we all hate the p word) being realised, for one which has all the opposite problems, and may take several managers before they’re back on track. Look at Luggy when he left us for Southampton. He was fired when they were in mid table and improving, and I’m sure he must regret that apparent career advancement.
Im not sure Luggy was fired by Southampton. It was only 2 games into the season. He was being covertly undermined by Steve Wigley and PS challenged their chairman to do something or he would walk. The chairman declined to act. So it was as genuine a case of mutual consent as there has ever been. And of course, the bitter pill was sweetened by a cool £1 million pay off.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I don't think Steve Wigley lasted long either. From memory James Beattie was instrumental in some of the players undermining Luggy too. Like you say Steve, a nice pay off for a few months work.