How long… | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

How long…

Aug 5, 2015
Another way of putting it is “better the devil you know” although of course there is probably more, dare I say it, potential at Wednesday always providing of course you make a success of it. I think Lowe might have the potential to do just that or at least certainly think he might.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
What a mixed bag of managers that is. A total contrast in styles, backgrounds and characters.

It's no surprise Wednesday ended up getting relegated as it seems there's a lack of any coherent tactical/style strategy or succession plan.
That is a constructive comment Woodsy. Let’s say our current owner has been predictably unpredictable. TBF we just missed out on the PL twice and of course then the FFP issues have surfaced. He made a terrible appointment with Luhukay and then what we thought was a great one in Steve Bruce. He gave him six weeks compassionate leave to watch the cricket in the Caribbean, employed all his back room staff and then Bruce walked after a very short time to go to Newcastle. I’ve no doubt, we would have been challenging at the top end of the Championship again if he’d stayed.

Monk was pretty meh and then the awful Pulis. Moore has been well received by the supporters, but some are already changing their minds after the weekend. Ridiculous really. We would have to go through a very poor extended run for Chansiri to sack him. So i don’t see Lowe going there any time soon, even if he might want to.

Chansiri has cleared most of the huge earners out of the club, Rhodes, Westwood,Reach etc so things are looking good imo. Certainly not a basket case, as our squad shows. As I’ve said before, I think both clubs will be top 8 this season. Basket case club with getting on for 20k season ticket holders. Yeah, right

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
:D We were behind him on Saturday, and everyone one was saying that. Not just big but very fit looking.
If you look at the end of the Tunnel Cam video Darren Moore is stood outside the dressing rooms congratulating each Argyle player as they came off the pitch through the tunnel. Top man for his sportsmanship when he might have been tempted to be speaking to his own players.

It was good to see given his recovery from his very serious post Covid illness that saw him hospitalised with pneumonia and blood clots on the lungs. One of football's good guys.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Owl - whether you agree with his comments or not, basket case perfectly sums up anyone who spends so far beyond their means that they get themselves in trouble. Dont take it personally too many in football have been there, having a large fan base is not an acceptable argument for spending money you dont have or ever likely too.
Wednesday chased the dream (as others have done) of getting back to the prem by paying inflated wages, chopping and changing managers at an alarming rate. It failed and could have been far more catastrophic than its ended up being. Personally i think its superb what a well run club like Norwich have achieved, they have developed youngsters like Cantwell, Aarons and Godfrey and secured their future as a top end Championship, low end Prem club by backing a manager and showing true faith.
Wednesday have lived on past glories for 25 years now, as have Sunderland, fan base is no guarantee of success.

I like Darren Moore, i really hope he turns it around, but the stark reality that so few fans grasp is that its not easy to get automatic promotion, as for managers wanting to go to Weds, well if someone offers you a well paid 3 year contract in football you are going to take it, it doesn't matter if you are Ryan Lowe, Tony Pullis or Sean Dyche - three years in management is rarely reached as the records show. The size of club is almost immaterial.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Owl - whether you agree with his comments or not, basket case perfectly sums up anyone who spends so far beyond their means that they get themselves in trouble. Dont take it personally too many in football have been there, having a large fan base is not an acceptable argument for spending money you dont have or ever likely too.
Wednesday chased the dream (as others have done) of getting back to the prem by paying inflated wages, chopping and changing managers at an alarming rate. It failed and could have been far more catastrophic than its ended up being. Personally i think its superb what a well run club like Norwich have achieved, they have developed youngsters like Cantwell, Aarons and Godfrey and secured their future as a top end Championship, low end Prem club by backing a manager and showing true faith.
Wednesday have lived on past glories for 25 years now, as have Sunderland, fan base is no guarantee of success.

I like Darren Moore, i really hope he turns it around, but the stark reality that so few fans grasp is that its not easy to get automatic promotion, as for managers wanting to go to Weds, well if someone offers you a well paid 3 year contract in football you are going to take it, it doesn't matter if you are Ryan Lowe, Tony Pullis or Sean Dyche - three years in management is rarely reached as the records show. The size of club is almost immaterial.
Another very fair comment VOR, although I still don’t agree with the term basket case. Seen better days, struggling to live with its past yes. Basket case, no because it indicates a club in terminal decline, which it’s not. The owner has just put together a squad which most fans and players think is far better than last season, so one defeat even a fairly hefty one, doesn’t change my view on that. With that squad, we could easily be promoted this season, but I realise that a lot of things have to fall into place for that to happen.

You’re right, Norwich does seem to be a very well run club. Mind you, even their fans might get a bit fed up if they go down again this season 😰

Sep 18, 2010
Red pill or blue pill? It’s all about personal choices, risk and reward.

Only time will tell on this one.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
So it should mate. You’ve got other members on the site which you jointly own, making constructive, interesting comments and that’s the best you can do. Well done

No problem. All Argyle fans know and understand that we were a basket case back in 2011.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
No problem. All Argyle fans know and understand that we were a basket case back in 2011.
Yep and I didn’t point it out. Pompey similar. So there’s a big difference between being seconds before midnight and potentially going out of existence and dropping down into L1. More like dusk for us!

I’m looking forward to both Wednesday and Argyle doing well this season and did give credit where it was due immediately on arriving home after the match on Saturday.

Reactions: NLG and Ponty

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
If you look at the end of the Tunnel Cam video Darren Moore is stood outside the dressing rooms congratulating each Argyle player as they came off the pitch through the tunnel. Top man for his sportsmanship when he might have been tempted to be speaking to his own players.

It was good to see given his recovery from his very serious post Covid illness that saw him hospitalised with pneumonia and blood clots on the lungs. One of football's good guys.
Agreed, Graham. I have a lot of time for Darren Moore.

I would, however, question his - and his back-room team's - fashion judgement. Leaving aside Wednesday's dubious pink ensemble, I was dumbstruck when I saw Darren and his coaching team wearing black track suits with animal print sleeves. It reminded me of a cut price amateur production of 'The Lion King'.

'The Centre Circle of Life' :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: David Doidge