davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
In summary:
Y1. Promotion with Bury
Y2. Promotion with Argyle
Y3. Maintained L1 status
Y4. ?? (Currently pushing for promotion )
ALSO
- tries to play in an attractive, attacking style
- doesn't recruit k***heads

So, without looking any further, that's one helluva CV.
Most of those facts were relevant after the first league game but it just shows how fickle we football supporters can be within a few games.

Mar 14, 2009
So we now think that RL is back on the list of desirable managers who appear on everyone's shortlist? From an Argyle point of view I want to forget last season's horrors, but those recruiting for other clubs can't surely ignore them? Or perhaps, as this is football, they can!

Not until next season.

Lets remember Adams finished 7th in league one. l don’t recall ever fearing he would be poached off us.

We are only 6 games in. Lets just enjoy the good start to the season and where it takes us.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Apart from (presumably) an increased salary and, perhaps, geographical/family reasons, I can't see why a job like the Sheffield Wednesday one would be attractive to any manager who is settled and doing well at his current club at the moment. With the transfer window having just shut you would inherit all of the previous manager's signings and problems, a mountain of expectation and minimal scope to significantly change anything until at least January but probably next summer. And you be leaving behind your own project that you are heavily invested in and just starting to see bearing fruit.
So why do you think Moore left Doncaster then?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
In summary:
Y1. Promotion with Bury
Y2. Promotion with Argyle
Y3. Maintained L1 status
Y4. ?? (Currently pushing for promotion )
ALSO
- tries to play in an attractive, attacking style
- doesn't recruit k***heads

So, without looking any further, that's one helluva CV.

Lowe did get relegated with Bury although he was only a caretaker manager from January of that particular season.
He was made permanent manager the following season and won promotion.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2009
Ok, l will be honest one of the things l dislike about sports fans is the way we put people on a pedestal, only to knock them off.

People think lm negative about Lowe. The thing is lm undecided. I don’t want him sacked. I just wait to see how situations unfold.

Best example l can give is Danny Mayor. I know the bloke is talented. I can see he is a great player to watch. The reason l questioned him was because l said is he right for that CM/CAM position. Now Broom is playing in his position l think the midfield 3 of Broom/Camara/Houghton is working well. In particular though l think Broom is better suited to that position Mayor plays. Yet we put Mayor on this pedestal. Dare you say anything that is deemed as negative. Lo and behold now people are wondering how Mayor gets back in the team.

l just think it’s fine to raise points and ask questions. Not all questions can be answered quickly. Lowe might become one of Argyle’s greatest managers but there are questions we need to find out answers too.

We put Adams on this pedestal about how great he was and that was 3 years of him being here when he finished 7th. Then the following season it unravelled because his cracks in his tactics widened and the weaknesses showed.

Unfortunately, like l said sometimes it takes patience before we can see exactly what type of players & management we have. That’s what other clubs interested in Lowe will be watching too.

With a bigger club comes more pressure. Do you really think if Sheffield Wednesday came in for Lowe and their fans witnessed what we did last season they would be patient? l don’t. That’s why l wouldn’t worry at all. Lowe is a good fit for Argyle.

l have no doubt though we are a stepping stone for him finding a club closer to home though. When a top L1 club or Championship comes in for him l believe he will go mainly for geographical reasons and being closer to his family.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
So if Argyle continue to hover around the top half, Lowe will inevitably be linked with bigger jobs if they come up and that includes Wednesday.

It’s all well and good trying to kid yourselves that he’s onto a good thing at Argyle (he probably is) and that he wouldn’t want to leave. But that’s the nature of the beast. If a big club even in L1 came in for him, I wouldn’t bet against him leaving, unless Argyle were consistently troubling the top 3.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Lowe, whether you like him or not, is a media whore, so is bound to get linked by those he flirts with. Whether that link is true or not is always hard to identify.

Mar 14, 2009
Why on earth sack a manager 6/7 games into a new season?

l really worry about the mentality of football.

Surely every new manager needs 3 transfer windows to get rid of the players he doesn’t want and those he does. 18 months minimum for a manager. Football is crazy.

Rock bottom when you lose. Sky high when you win. And no reasonable middle ground.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Why on earth sack a manager 6/7 games into a new season?

l really worry about the mentality of football.

Surely every new manager needs 3 transfer windows to get rid of the players he doesn’t want and those he does. 18 months minimum for a manager. Football is crazy.

Rock bottom when you lose. Sky high when you win. And no reasonable middle ground.
It's not just 6/7 games. He took them down last season so he's had the Summer to rebuild and recruit with possibly the biggest budget in L1.
They're getting stuffed "by the likes of Plymouth".
Lose to Shrewsbury and I think he's toast.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Devongreenowl

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I would like to think that the Hallett, Dewsnip, Lowe, Schumacher partnership will stand the test of time. They are on fairly long contracts.
It is strange that, even in the last week, fans were questioning RL’s tactical and recruitment skills, but, suddenly, one good win against a ‘top’ team and we are discussing whether we can hang on to him.
They have a medium term project and, hopefully, they will remain loyal to the owner and try to achieve his vision.
Certainly, at Senior Greens recently, Neil Dewsnip seemed reassuringly committed to the project.

Reactions: David Doidge
May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
It's not just 6/7 games. He took them down last season so he's had the Summer to rebuild and recruit with possibly the biggest budget in L1.
They're getting stuffed "by the likes of Plymouth".
Lose to Shrewsbury and I think he's toast.
He might have been in charge when they went down, but relegation lay squarely at the feet of Monk and Pulis. Moore is popular with most Wednesday fans, apart from the usual idiots who want a manager to be sacked at the first sign of trouble. There’s enough of those on here who were slating Lowe last season. They’ll be back soon enough at the first poor run of results.

For what it’s worth, in the unlikely event of a home defeat to Shrewsbury, Moore won’t be sacked and Chansiri will give him at least until Christmas. Look how long he left Monk in post, long after it became obvious he should go. Pulis lasted five minutes allegedly because of his own attitude and should never have been appointed. Moore was also hospitalised with Covid and pneumonia for a large chunk of the run in and he was signed after the transfer window shut, so was left with the poor squad he inherited. So no Ponty, he wasn’t responsible for taking Wednesday down.

If Moore were to be sacked between now and Christmas, would Lowe take the job if offered it? He would walk there folks. Personally, I don’t expect it to happen because Moore has got an excellent squad of players there and great staff, so it’s a matter of time before he gets them playing how he wants. On Saturday, there were 14 players in that matchday squad who joined during the summer. I think Argyle and Wednesday will both finish top 8, with Wednesday making the play offs (at least).

Reactions: David Doidge