How long… | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

How long…

Mar 14, 2009
It's not just 6/7 games. He took them down last season so he's had the Summer to rebuild and recruit with possibly the biggest budget in L1.
They're getting stuffed "by the likes of Plymouth".
Lose to Shrewsbury and I think he's toast.
He got appointed on 1st March. 14 leagues games last season. 6 league games this season.

20 games isn’t near long enough. If Wednesday fans think 20 games is enough to prove your pedigree then unfortunately they deserve to be in league one.

Mar 14, 2009
I would like to think that the Hallett, Dewsnip, Lowe, Schumacher partnership will stand the test of time. They are on fairly long contracts.
It is strange that, even in the last week, fans were questioning RL’s tactical and recruitment skills, but, suddenly, one good win against a ‘top’ team and we are discussing whether we can hang on to him.
They have a medium term project and, hopefully, they will remain loyal to the owner and try to achieve his vision.
Certainly, at Senior Greens recently, Neil Dewsnip seemed reassuringly committed to the project.
Doesn’t that show you how fickle are fans.

There is no middle ground. You have to be 100% behind the manager or want him sacked.

Fans wonder why some owners run clubs they do. Well you only have to listen to fan reaction to wins & defeats.

Football emotions absolutely steam roller any modicum of common sense these days.

Reactions: David Doidge

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Doesn’t that show you how fickle are fans.

There is no middle ground. You have to be 100% behind the manager or want him sacked.

Fans wonder why some owners run clubs they do. Well you only have to listen to fan reaction to wins & defeats.

Football emotions absolutely steam roller any modicum of common sense these days.
Your posts don’t indicate whether you are behind the manager or want him sacked.
For the record, I am 100% behind the manager as, in fairness, I was with Derek Adams until the Accrington disaster when it became obvious that he just could not continue because he had lost control.

Mar 14, 2009
Your posts don’t indicate whether you are behind the manager or want him sacked.
For the record, I am 100% behind the manager as, in fairness, I was with Derek Adams until the Accrington disaster when it became obvious that he just could not continue because he had lost control.
Exactly. I think there are questions that need answering and we need to see how that pans out. I’m still concerned about the wing backs positions for example. Especially when a side sits deep against us.

What l will say is the recruitment has been good. One stupid ball over the top isn’t opening us up. The opposition have to work their opportunities. In the second half, until the last 15 minutes Wednesday were restricted to shooting from distance.

What you want to see in defenders is composure. I feel in Wilson and Galloway they have that at this level.

Reactions: saxman

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
He got appointed on 1st March. 14 leagues games last season. 6 league games this season.

20 games isn’t near long enough. If Wednesday fans think 20 games is enough to prove your pedigree then unfortunately they deserve to be in league one.
Pulis, who in my opinion is a much better manager than Moore, was sacked after just 10 games at Wednesday. Our Yorkshire friend has decided to omit this fact...

Reactions: LipsonJock
Mar 14, 2009
Pulis, who in my opinion is a much better manager than Moore, was sacked after just 10 games at Wednesday. Our Yorkshire friend has decided to omit this fact...
I hated Pulis style of football. Yet he made us organised and hard to beat.

Thsee type of decisions at board room level to me explain why Wednesday are in league one.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON

They don’t though MGM. Sounds like Ponty does even though Moore was very seriously ill for the run in and only attended the last match against Derby. Ponty should be careful what he wishes for, because certainly a sizeable amount of Wednesday fans would think Lowe would be a good choice to replace him.

Of course there’s always some who start shouting for the managers head, but the majority of Wednesday fans, same as Argyle fans, have more patience than that.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I know that you have your own little agenda Ponty, but I did mention Pulis and the fiasco of his appointment and short time at S6. He threw the towel in and left the owner little option but to fire him.

Reactions: kimbo

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
I hated Pulis style of football. Yet he made us organised and hard to beat.

Thsee type of decisions at board room level to me explain why Wednesday are in league one.

I know that you have your own little agenda Ponty, but I did mention Pulis and the fiasco of his appointment and short time at S6. He threw the towel in and left the owner little option but to fire him.
No agenda here.
Lowe is in my opinion very happy and settled at Argyle. We heard all this "we'll pinch him off you" the last time you couldn't attract a "big" manager.
I'm sorry for getting in your head.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Ryan Lowe has made it clear he wants to manage Wednesday one day, that’s a matter of public record. He was never approached for the job before and I made my views plain at the time, that I didn’t think he was ready for it anyway. According to you, we did attract a big name ie Pulis. I also consider Monk and Steve Bruce before that to have been big names. Pulis was utter garbage in his short stay and was deservedly sacked amid reports that he had threatened to go sick if the owner didn’t release him from his contract. The owner did just that and fired him.

Ponty, you haven’t got into my head, I just suggest you get your facts right when posting

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Ryan Lowe has made it clear he wants to manage Wednesday one day, that’s a matter of public record. He was never approached for the job before and I made my views plain at the time, that I didn’t think he was ready for it anyway. According to you, we did attract a big name ie Pulis. I also consider Monk and Steve Bruce before that to have been big names. Pulis was utter garbage in his short stay and was deservedly sacked amid reports that he had threatened to go sick if the owner didn’t release him from his contract. The owner did just that and fired him.

Ponty, you haven’t got into my head, I just suggest you get your facts right when posting
Which facts are wrong?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Which facts are wrong?
Your reference to ‘our Yorkshire friend omitting facts' re Pulis. You’re too busy having a go at me to actually read my post, where I clearly mentioned his short tenure.

Whatever Tony Pulis previous record, he was a disaster at Hillsborough in very short order. He gave a very good press conference when he talked about passion, INTEGRITY of all things, etc etc. He then proceeded to alienate the entire support and the owner by delivering the worst football in living memory. It would then seem he didn't fancy losing his never getting relegated title and opted out. Watching his press conference back now, makes me feel physically sick. I’m sure most Palace fans feel the same about him.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I detested the bloke before he came to Argyle. Look at his litigious past, it says it all.