How does the trust raise serious capital? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How does the trust raise serious capital?

T

Tim Chown

Some good points here too. See the other "20%" thread for some more info on where we are and the options.

Bear in mind that at other clubs a 20% stake may be very valuable, e.g. at Swansea there were a number of "small" stakeholders, so being able to align with others to influence decisions and club strategy meant more.

Note also that there are already in effect two other shareholders; some 14% was sold in the form of convertible loan notes to Richard Holliday and Anthony Vaughn at the time of the car park sale/purchase. The price was the same as that being offered to the Trust. See this article from back in March.

Tim

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
I find it ironic that so many of the fanbase are as quick as lightning with comments like "get your cheque book out JB" and "it's time our owner put his hand in his pocket" but, when push comes to shove, it's all " well it's not really worth it" "£400 grand? what does he want £400 grand for?". The same supporters who shout the loudest when it comes to spending somebody else's money, soon find excuses not to open their own wallets."

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
bringonthemilkman":24mn2uum said:
I find it ironic that so many of the fanbase are as quick as lightning with comments like "get your cheque book out JB" and "it's time our owner put his hand in his pocket" but, when push comes to shove, it's all " well it's not really worth it" "£400 grand? what does he want £400 grand for?". The same supporters who shout the loudest when it comes to spending somebody else's money, soon find excuses not to open their own wallets."

Except that no-one has actually been asked to open their wallets yet.

May 19, 2007
Super Saltash
The problem as I see things and based on the physce of posters on here, is that if and when people come up with the cash, they would want recognition and their share of any 'power'.

Parting with money to be used to represent those who have not contributed, the common good. Not likely based on the last year.

I'd invest, but I'd want some sort of say in any major decisions.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
echobeach":3jjtv24i said:
The problem as I see things and based on the physce of posters on here, is that if and when people come up with the cash, they would want recognition and their share of any 'power'.

Parting with money to be used to represent those who have not contributed, the common good. Not likely based on the last year.

I'd invest, but I'd want some sort of say in any major decisions.
The problem is that so will everyone else who invests. What happens if the views of each individual are different? As I said earlier in this thread, its safer all round if there are no voting rights given to any supporters group; having a watching brief will ensure that supporters input is taken into account and appropriate feedback received.