• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

How do we stop immigrants dying?

Jan 20, 2004
Most of the migrants/asylum seekers currently looking to enter the UK are from Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and Syria. Mainly English speaking Kurds and Afghanis that supported us during the military conflicts we entangled ourselves in over the last two decades, either in the form of translators, administration or logistical support and provisions via local trade, view us as their friends and allies, and in many cases have friends or family living here.

Since our withdrawal from the these conflicts, that we were part of creating, we have left these individuals and their families vulnerable to the enemies we faced by their collaboration. To make matters worse we then inflict sanctions that plunge their already battered economies into poverty and desperation.

It is no wonder that they view us as their only hope in a matter of life and death or a peaceful existence.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2004
I'd even go as far as to put money on those that were screaming for us to invade these countries in Bush's war on terror are the ones that are screaming for us to stop the asylum 'invasion' now.

Reactions: jespafc
Nov 15, 2011
The righties including the usual papers are so so concerned about the dangers of asylum seekers crossing the channel this morning cos it gives them a chance to have a pop at the French, they’re going to die and it’s all your fault for disinviting us to the meeting.

These are the same people who demonised the same “illegals” trying to cross the channel, who attacked the RNLI for saving them and showed scant regard for human life in their desperation to keep these people out.

Obviously sad and hypocritical but so predictable.

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
This is literally something we've propagated and I say this as an ex-serviceman.

Our incursions into Iraq and Afghanistan, but not the actual sponsor of the 9/11 attacks have led to make those places uninhabitable.

It would seem Europe's patience with our faux concern and our moronic attitude to diplomacy have finally caught up with us.

Lets rip up all the treaties negotiated which helped the situation and just er ...... forgive me, forgive me, forgive me 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: jespafc

signalspast

50/50 Sponsor
T.O Support
Aug 17, 2005
This is literally something we've propagated and I say this as an ex-serviceman.

Our incursions into Iraq and Afghanistan, but not the actual sponsor of the 9/11 attacks have led to make those places uninhabitable.

It would seem Europe's patience with our faux concern and our moronic attitude to diplomacy have finally caught up with us.

Lets rip up all the treaties negotiated which helped the situation and just er ...... forgive me, forgive me, forgive me 🤦‍♂️
Yes and whilst there is much downpouring of the right of politics on here calling them hypocrites etc let us not forget who took us into those wars that has caused the problems. This is being very quiet by those shouting the most

Nov 15, 2011
Yes and whilst there is much downpouring of the right of politics on here calling them hypocrites etc let us not forget who took us into those wars that has caused the problems. This is being very quiet by those shouting the most
Tony Blair although more people on the left including me than the right marched against them, and more labour mps than tories voted against them. This is being very quiet by those shouting the most, whatever that means.

Jan 20, 2004
I think you'll find plenty happily to shout that Tony Blair, who allowed Bush to exploit him as his puppet lap dog, lost the support and respect of a majority of those that helped him get elected by taking us into an illegal war.

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon

Sorry SP, but you can only criticise those calling the shots. Cause and effect.

For Iraq/ Afghanistan that's Blair and Bush.

For Covid and the complete cluster#@&% being made thus far of Brexit and worsening relations with Europe to defeflect from the sh#t shiw of his incompetent "leadership", that sits squarely on Johnson's shoulders.

Being objective Brexit could improve over time, but it needs an adult at the helm to achieve that in my opinion.

Not the incompetent man-child we currently have.

For Covid many, many people have died and will continue to do so until an adult takes up the reigns, follows the science and does things in the national rather than self-interest

I do feel he's a useful idiot who'll be sacrificed before the next election with all the clearly documented incompetence and fiddling hung around his neck as it should be

Sep 6, 2006
Very confused by that. So Bush was a 'Leftie' was he?

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
How to stop immigrants dying?

Well, how about NOT trying to block a lifeboat from being launched to rescue them? There'll be a special place in Hell for ***** like this:

https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/...eople-angry-at-them-rescuing-refugees-3475179
IF that is true ....and I say 'IF' because I really don't want it to be true and hope it's an exaggeration ........ but if it is true then it really makes me despair for our future. Yes, I know they are a small minority of ignorant scum-bags but how can they have arrived at such a hate-filled warped view of the world ? Bad enough they think such things and mutter them in private but to actually go outside in public and do something like that ??? It makes you despair not just for us as a country but us as species.

There is an article in New Scientist magazine this week all about human evolution and particularly about the 'other humans' - ie our very close relatives as a species like the Neanderthals, Denisovans, homo erectus, homo florensis (nicknamed hobbit people) etc. - all of which are obviously now extinct. The question posed is why it was that Homo Sapiens made it and they didn't? Increasingly scientists are finding evidence that they were just as smart as we were - their brains as big, they did make tools, they did display cultural behaviour, probably had language etc. - all the things we once assumed set us apart from them.

So the popular theory now is that what really made us different and gave us the crucial edge to survive was our level of co-operation and networking between different groups (the article is actually entitled 'survival of the friendliest'). It seems the 'other' humans were more insular whereas our distant ancestors interacted with neighbours in a way they did not - there is definite evidence of 'trade' between widely separated groups in Asia well over 50,000 years ago. Clearly we were tolerant of strangers and examples of early humans helping other sick and vulnerable members survive.

BUT..... then you read something like this and see some of the xenophobic tripe on social media - and you can't help wondering if we're going backwards as a species. So bloody depressing.