(How about) Tyreeq Bakinson | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

(How about) Tyreeq Bakinson

Jul 27, 2021
I'm always intrigued by these numbers. Generally, when 4-2-4 came in the back 4 was 2,5,6,3, the midfield was 4 and 10 and the front was 7,8,9,11. (8 and 10 may have been swapped by some managers) Then when Ramsey introduced 442, the back 4 was the same, 7 and 11 joined 4 and 10 (or 8) in midfield. Prior to this, we had 2-3-5 which had the numbers 2-11 in a rigid right to legt, row by row. I hear Klopp talk about 6s and 8s but don't understand what it refers to.
BINGO!!!!

Reactions: memory man

Greendawe

♣️ PASALB Member
Mar 20, 2020
In earlier years the numbers were as above but the centre half ( eg Jumbo Chisholm) stayed well back level or even behind the 2 full backs and the two inside forwards played behind the centre forward and wingers not unlike 3-4 -3.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I didn’t think he was that great when he was here on loan to be honest.

Reactions: oldage
Apr 1, 2009
On a parallel universe anybody who thinks we could sign anyone better than this lad. Unfortunately the likes of Modric are not available.
Agreed. The expectation of some people as to who we might sign is fantasy. A player who has more than 40 appearances for a Championship club at 23, can't just be dismissed as "not good enough".

There are a number of obstacles, however:

1. Ipswich have first refusal.
2. There would be a fee involved.
3. Is Bakinson's attitude as it should be? Whilst his row at Bristol City was with the notoriously volatile Pearson, it was a spectacular fall out that may not be all down to the manager.
4. Wages.