Houghton Interview | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Houghton Interview

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021

If you have Argyle TV, some very interesting comments he made.

Some of his comments.

Question was asked regarding Saturdays game.

”It was a learning curve for us in the 2nd game of the season.”

He was about about his role and the new tactics. How the new double pivot affects his role.

“Its a slightly different formation we been playing. It’s going to take a little bit of time to get this formation flowing.”

“Have to be more aware of your team mates”. “It’s gives us a bit more stability on attacks. Hopefully we will regain more and keep territory better”.

”l think playing out from the back l think it should help us as well. We found it difficult when MK Dons played it and Swansea played it where your a bit overloaded in there. Three doesn’t go into four so it’s difficult to mark and players have to come out and mark in positions they don’t feel comfortable. I think it’s going to be good to play out from the back and hopefully allow us to move the ball better and progress up the pitch”

For those who love a two upfront formation he did say

“it’s good to have in our armoury we can change formation and personnel to go in different positions.”

But the most important comment from the whole interview was this.

”However it will take time to fully embed into this new formation.

So here is a player who was explaining why the old formation exposed them in particular games. He explains what they hope to get from the new formation but re-emphasising that this new system will take time and isn’t going to be clicking straight away.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I think that shows we have a tactically aware leadership group, watchers and thinkers who understand where the weaknesses are. So often you see dogmatic managers and coaches who only want to play one way and refuse to acknowledge the failings - usually resorting to plugging holes in the transfer market, replacing like for like.

It’s a bit brave after a relatively successful season and it remains to be seen if their plans bear fruit of course, but good to see such adaptability IMO.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
WOW! What a thoughtful, considered and articulate performance from Mr Houghton. Top marks! (y)

There were no, like, pauses, where, like, he was, like, searching for words, d'ya know wot I mean? He was, like, really smooth and, 100% like, cool when he was, like, asked questions, like. And, like, he didn't, like, go up in, like, intonation at, like, the end of the, like, sentence.

Jordan, you have, like, 1000% restored my faith in the ability of anyone under the age of 35 to withstand the ravages of modern colloquialisms, d'ya know wot I mean? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Koala Green