• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Home Park Vaccinations 75 and OVER from 21st March 2022💉

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I wish they’d reduce the 6 month gap. I’ve got to wait until mid-December for my third jab. Meanwhile, everything at work is pretty much back to ‘normal’ and I’m spending hours at a time enclosed in rooms full of students.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Perhaps the logic is Doc, that the efficacy of your immune system is better than someone who has had their second one in (say) early May.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
NHS website advised walk-ins for Boosters today. I walked up to be told no walk ins could be accepted.......

Sep 28, 2003
Had my booster today ! many people moaning that they had to wait longer than ten minutes!
How ungrateful people are ,one nurse said they had been on the end of many disgruntled people all day ,this was at 4pm she had been working since 7-30 am and still a long way to go !
What's this world coming to!
The helpers were marvellous!

Reactions: Ray the Aviator
Aug 17, 2005
Been trying to book booster the past week, comes back not entitled yet despite it clearly saying over 50s and six months passed. I am nearly 66

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell

Yes unfortunately the NHS site is a little behind the times, on my shift we had to turn away 30+ who just turned up... caused problems for us which attracted some unwarranted and unpleasant comments.
it is annoying. There are walk ins tomorrow (advertised) I'll try again at 08:30. A bit like "Signalspast" I'm eligible for the booster, but booking system wont allow me to book one......

Sep 25, 2010
NHS website advised walk-ins for Boosters today. I walked up to be told no walk ins could be accepted.......
during our early morning chat, today, we were advised that we would accept walk ins. On the understanding that if we got inundated with boosters, then we would not accept, walk ins.

I left at 12.15 pm, today, and the place was ‘rammed’, which is good thing, but then it was decided to not accept any more walk ins, in order to accept people who had booked.

We were also getting parents, turning up for the 12-15 year old’s to get vaccinated, who could not be bothered to turn the previous day, when that day Saturday, was designated for the 12-15 year old.

We were getting a lot of abuse today, because they had to queue for a long while, when we were fully staffed, and everybody was trying so hard to get everybody thru, at a reasonable time.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The walk ins were re-instated at about 1500 hours today, the weight of traffic was simply too big to cope with walk ins apparently.

I went in early at 1400 and just got home, it was a wonderfully busy shift, 1000's of people are now safer than they were before.

Sad about suspending the walk ins but at least 378 got jabbed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I understand that NHS will contact those who qualify 6 months + 7 days after date of second jab.
I'll say it again, ignore all that and walk in if your were second jabbed on or before 24th April. The chances are you will get a jab.

Waiting to be asked could be costly.

If you eligible, walk up and get jabbed.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
I'll say it again, ignore all that and walk in if your were second jabbed on or before 24th April. The chances are you will get a jab.

Waiting to be asked could be costly.

If you eligible, walk up and get jabbed.
I’ll try again at 08:30 tomorrow…

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would John. At that time they won't know whether it's busy or not if you see what I mean.

Good luck bud.