Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Another 43k+ cases.
Can't be all kids surely??
Yes when I see the news every night I says to Mrs Pogle;
'85% ish of people vaccinated, 147 deaths today. Who is dying?'
They used to give some age indications, now they don't.
Is it just older people who have had covid dying of 'normal' causes or is it all covid?
If it is younger unvaccinated people dying then they should be banging that out on the news in big letters!!

Feb 8, 2005
Yes when I see the news every night I says to Mrs Pogle;
'85% ish of people vaccinated, 147 deaths today. Who is dying?'
They used to give some age indications, now they don't.
Is it just older people who have had covid dying of 'normal' causes or is it all covid?
If it is younger unvaccinated people dying then they should be banging that out on the news in big letters!!
Probably elderly people who would have died of their conditions anyway, but just happened to get Covid. Actually Covid might have accelerated their deaths, but they would probably have died anyway.

Figures of Covid deaths minus average of deaths in a normal day/month/year would be far more beneficial set of figures to give us, to decide whether Covid has been responsible for deaths, or just an accelerator towards deaths.

Sep 25, 2010
Yes, very busy this morning, didn’t help when the National computer system, running the program, ‘crashed’, leaving the staff going back to ‘paperwork’. Causing many delays.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We had quite a few of those people coming back in the evening Martyn.

Still very quiet though.

May 8, 2011
Another 43k+ cases.
Can't be all kids surely??
Most of the increase at the moment is from England, the case rates in Scotland and Wales are stable or slowing declining.
Probably nothing to do with both Scotland and Wales maintaining stricter mitigation’s by law that England says use your common sense.

Sep 25, 2010
It would help if the mandate for mask wearing indoors , came back in.

Look at supermarkets now, it is a joke.

Look at the vaccination centre, 99.99% of people coming in are wearing a mask ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
They have to Martyn! Unless they're exempt.

If they come in without them, we ensure they have one by the time they get into you guys.

Reactions: pedro91

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Can I implore anyone over 50 that had their injections before 18th April (as it stands today) you get yourself up to Home Park tomorrow and ask for your booster.

Forget all about booking it, just walk up and get it in your bloodstream.

I know people who have been quite poorly after two vaccinations that were had more than 6am months ago.

This bugger is still taking people and we need to do what we can to avoid that.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
I've just told two friends who are eligible after Sunday to get up to HP next week. I don't think many people realise you can walk in, they're waiting to hear from their surgery.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I know someone who’s in ICU Lesley.

He waited to hear from his surgery!!!!

May 16, 2016
Can I implore anyone over 50 that had their injections before 18th April (as it stands today) you get yourself up to Home Park tomorrow and ask for your booster.

Forget all about booking it, just walk up and get it in your bloodstream.

I know people who have been quite poorly after two vaccinations that were had more than 6am months ago.

This bugger is still taking people and we need to do what we can to avoid that.
Just to add that if you qualify but have recently had COVID, there is an extra period you have to wait after recovery. Top of my head I can't remember but think it's measured in weeks.

To save anyone a wasted journey.