Home Park Vaccinations 75 and OVER from 21st March 2022๐Ÿ’‰ | Page 41 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Home Park Vaccinations 75 and OVER from 21st March 2022๐Ÿ’‰

metroace

โ™ฃ๏ธ Senior Greens
โœ… Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Just announced the booster rollout will be opened up to over 40s and 16-17 year olds will now be offered a 2nd dose: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59289008
Not quite what was said.

What was said was: "All over-40s should be offered a third dose of a Covid vaccine, according to the government's vaccination advisers."

And: "The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation also said 16- and 17-year-olds, initially offered only a single dose, should now receive a second."

Only recommendations at this point.

Reactions: Kevin Gollop

Kevin Gollop

๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Not quite what was said.

What was said was: "All over-40s should be offered a third dose of a Covid vaccine, according to the government's vaccination advisers."

And: "The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation also said 16- and 17-year-olds, initially offered only a single dose, should now receive a second."

Only recommendations at this point.
Yes you are right:

"Each nation in the UK has to formally decide whether to accept the scientists' vaccine advice, although it is almost certain the expanded booster campaign will be rolled out in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Health and Social Care Secretary Sajid Javid said: "I have asked the NHS to prepare to offer those eligible a vaccine as soon as possible."

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd be amazed if those guidelines were not followed.

The Volunteers will certainly be gearing up for another hard long slog. Most of us only though we'd be at it for 12/18 weeks!!

Kevin Gollop

๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
It's now been confirmed the guidance will be followed. Very grateful to the NHS and all the volunteers working so hard on the roll-out, helping to keep us safe and get our lives back. Looking forward to seeing them when I get boosted at the end of the week ๐Ÿ™‚

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
Have just had covid and finish self-isolating tonite ! Unfortunately I believe I now have to wait 4 weeks from my symptoms starting before I can have my booster jab ? Wife is in the same boat ! :) I should add that our symptoms have been far from horrendous...due I think to the fact that we had both been previously double jabbed (y);)

May 16, 2016
Have just had covid and finish self-isolating tonite ! Unfortunately I believe I now have to wait 4 weeks from my symptoms starting before I can have my booster jab ? Wife is in the same boat ! :) I should add that our symptoms have been far from horrendous...due I think to the fact that we had both been previously double jabbed (y);)
Similar to us. Felt bad but I've had worse man flu. Although I will say watch out for side effects later. 4 weeks later and my taste is just back to normal and some days I've felt totally drained of energy, it has eased off recently though.

Been invited to receive my flu and booster via GP but can't make the dates offered. Difficult to book online as I type this, site very busy.

Lundan Cabbie

โšช๏ธ Pasoti Visitor โšช๏ธ
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Been online to book my booster at HP but they were only offering three dates in December, three days that I wont be in Plymouth. :(

John Cooper

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Auction Winner ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš–๏ธ
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Reactions: Lundan Cabbie

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Exactly why bother with a booking when you can walk in and have one?

Sod the palavery from he GP's, just walk in and grab yourself a booster, as long as you hit the criteria.

At this time of writing it's over 50, at least 28 days after a positive PCR test (if any) and your second jab needs to be on or before May 25th.

Kevin Gollop

๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
There are a few sites to find walk-in availability. There are an increasing number of vaccination sites in Plymouth now:

Reactions: paperboy

Steve Dean

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš–๏ธ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Are there separate queues for pre-bookers and drop-ins, or is it first come first jabbed?