Home Park capacity | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park capacity

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
so is it better facilities that attract better crowds or is it a better team or is it playing in a higher division?

probably all three but history at Argyle shows the highest crowds are invariably in a promotion season when the team is winning with crowds reducing the following season as the team settle/struggle and only big opponents attract big crowds.

So maybe the answer is a winning team is the biggest influence on crowds at Argyle, unless the game is stellar like the Liverpool game.

The club are incredibly well run on and off the field at the moment. The first team performances are always going to be crucial in getting fans to attend more regularly, but equally off the pitch there is clear a lot of hard work and effort put into the marketing and fan experience at Home Park.

I think the most telling evidence of the success of the work that the behind the scenes team's are putting in is that not only are we getting the odd bumper crowd, but even the "less enticing" games are still attracting significant numbers. In recent season's we've had crowds of 13-14k, but a Tuesday night may see 7-8,000. This season we're yet to drop below 10,000 and these figures are not buoyed by away followings.

I understand those saying crowds dwindled in the past, but it's clear to see that the club is being set up in a way to break the same old Argo mould and to not settle or take the support for granted. Capacity could definitely limit the potential for the work and effort being put in, but I have a lot of confidence that those running the club know what they're doing.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
There is/was the possibility of a Barr clip on extention to the horse shoe. This would provide 2600 seats, partly behind pillars at intervals consitent with the existing roof supporting steels.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
There is/was the possibility of a Barr clip on extention to the horse shoe. This would provide 2600 seats, partly behind pillars at intervals consitent with the existing roof supporting steels.
I remember this being floated previously when James Brent was planning his redevelopment. I would imagine these would share the concourse with the existing horseshoe facilities (?), which would make them a bit of a squash imo and not really inline with the customer experience standards the club is setting itself.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
That was before the TV gantry was moved to the Lyndhurst side.

When Argyle reach the Premier League, the current TV gantry doesn't meet the PL/Sky specifications and will have to be upgraded BEFORE Argyle's opening Prem fixture as per Premier League rules. On the very day that they would definitely need those extra seats, they will have had to have been removed.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
I remember this being floated previously when James Brent was planning his redevelopment. I would imagine these would share the concourse with the existing horseshoe facilities (?), which would make them a bit of a squash imo and not really inline with the customer experience standards the club is setting itself.
it wouldn't be ideal but it is a plan. Corners might be cheaper though.
The Brentford stadium has 19 bars. We should be aspiring to increasing the cash flow from a bar / bars. A mega bar behind the Devonport would be useful as part of a redevelopment one day.

Reactions: SWTT