• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

Hello Mr President!

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Just a bit of coffee bar 'politics' fun :shock:

I've just googled and I am in Downtown BA, Joe Biden is in Camp Carbis munching on a Warrens burger pastie.

AA tells me that is 81.6 miles away (from me that is!).
Now I only went to the US once and that was September 2001 :facepalm: (Good Ole Pogle!)

I was in Orlando then but have no way of knowing how 'close' I ever came to George Dubya at the time (he might have flown over me?) Was he in Florida on 9/11??

Anyway, apart from that, I don't recall ever being (knowingly) closer to the POTUS in my life.

So who has been closer to a POTUS? Same City? Same state? Less than my current 81.6 miles?
Who has seen/same room/met/shook hands with a Potus?

On top of that, who is the closest pasoti poster to Joltin' Joe Biden today? :think:

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I've been to DC three times, including standing around outside the White House taking pictures, so I suppose I've been close to a president a good few times.

One time I was sitting outside a restaurant with a couple of lifelong residents when a motorcade whizzed past. I was assured it was the Prez - and who was I to argue!

Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Similar to Micky D.

I was in Rome in 1980 when Jimmy Carter motorcade went past in a blurr.

Also reluctantly (nature called) went into a Trump Tower in NYC in 2018. No idea if he was there or not, the cafe and shop were selling loads of Trump "souvenirs".

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I spent some time in the lobby of Trump Tower on my first ever visit to NY, c. 1990. It was pre-Apprentice, let alone pre-Prez, but I do remember being struck by the appalling gaudiness of the place. He already had a well-earned reputation for crassness and mega-bling, even back then. (I wonder if he was upstairs?)