Hardie goal (vs Wimbledon) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Hardie goal (vs Wimbledon)

D

Deleted member 9145

I was about 11 or 12 when I watched an interview with Jimmy Greaves, a snippet of which has always stayed with me. He was asked about his goalscoring secret. Part of his answer was that if you are one-on-one with the keeper you should ALWAYS dribble around him. Taking this advice seriously I was determined to do this in our school matches - until I realised how difficult it was and how rubbish I was at it! If you are a genius like Greavsie I suppose it just came naturally - and Ryan Hardie seems to have a similar approach. Lucky for us! (y)
I think the key for both is the pace they possess(ed) , it's the one thing defenses can do nothing about.

Reactions: Mark58

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
Even the best strikers miss out when one-on-one with the keeper and generally I am pessimistic.

But on Tuesday evening I had total faith in Ryan on both occasions.

Aug 5, 2016
I was about 11 or 12 when I watched an interview with Jimmy Greaves, a snippet of which has always stayed with me. He was asked about his goalscoring secret. Part of his answer was that if you are one-on-one with the keeper you should ALWAYS dribble around him. Taking this advice seriously I was determined to do this in our school matches - until I realised how difficult it was and how rubbish I was at it! If you are a genius like Greavsie I suppose it just came naturally - and Ryan Hardie seems to have a similar approach. Lucky for us! (y)
I also remember an interview with him where he said his secret was to take a breath just before hitting the finish.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Seven of Hardie's eight goals have come in away games so it looks like he's more suited to use his pace to counter attack in away games where the opposition defence push up.

In home games the opposition defence tend to drop deep so there's no space in behind.

As the season progresses it will be interesting to see Hardie's goal ratio home and away.

Sep 6, 2006
Seven of Hardie's eight goals have come in away games so it looks like he's more suited to use his pace to counter attack in away games where the opposition defence push up.

In home games the opposition defence tend to drop deep so there's no space in behind.

As the season progresses it will be interesting to see Hardie's goal ratio home and away.
Very true. One would hope if we can get ahead in home games the away team will have to push up though but we are struggling to do that sometimes.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Look at Raul Jimenez’s goal yesterday - very similar, and in the Premier League!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I’ve asked that question a few times. Ironic that he scored 2 goals against Portsmouth.
I don’t think he has forgiven him since he missed a ‘sitter’ at home to Portsmouth last season.

Sep 6, 2006
Let's hope Hardie can continue. Of course I've been surprised and delighted by his form. No doubt he was very disappointing last season. He definitely has limitations to his game but is very good in 1 on 1s in particular.

Reactions: davie nine