GT Building | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

GT Building

May 16, 2016
Was there a meeting post match today ? I'm sure I read about one somewhere but cant find the post.

If so, any updates for those unable to attend ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
1) All on target for June.

2) There will be memberships for both upstairs and downstairs when the club vacate downstairs.

3) There are 55 investors (I am one :wave: ).

4) Minimum investment = £1000

5) There are a few of £50k.

6) There has been (I think I remember it rightly) £650k invested.

7) There has been £250k invested in materials or work pledges.

8) They are looking for another £250k of investment. The rate is 5% per annum with money paid back at the end of 5/7 years.

9) Gary says they want the investment from Argyle fans, they have no amount of offers from outside but he wants to keep the investment 'internal'

10) At the moment one level is 250 and the other 300 (I forget which is which) and he sees no reason why it won'y be 600 in total now the plans are in.

Many many more things discussed but these are freshest in my mind.

Hope this helps.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The Doctor":2mmjrwpt said:
Is there a link somewhere that describes how to invest? A 5-7% return is pretty appealing...
Pass your details to Liam via contact@greentaverners.co.uk Tim. I'm sure he'll sort you out.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
There is a picture on Facebook of a poster saying the New Supporters bar will be open June 2019.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Doctor":2lpl8v27 said:
Is there a link somewhere that describes how to invest? A 5-7% return is pretty appealing...

The 5/7 was the length of time Tim.

The rate of interest is 5%, which can be paid annually (as I have chosen) or at the end or any variation of.

I would add that Russell Moore has set up the foundations of the cooperative membership you have to join and I am very satisfied with the professional approach to this investment. Hence me getting involved.

May 16, 2016
Is it 5% PA or just on the amount invested ? £50 per £1000 after 5-7 Years could be seen as a bit of a risk if anything goes wrong.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's 5% PA, but please, any further questions please contact Gary or Liam, I am not a spokesman for the GT's.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa Green":1yfikg2d said:
There is a picture on Facebook of a poster saying the New Supporters bar will be open June 2019.

Taken by our very own GA1984

1ujIQt8.jpg

Jun 12, 2006
I was talking to a few people yesterday about the bar now it is going up and wondered, at least in terms of match day experience:

1) Whether you could go there at half time for a pint (ie leave the Devonport End or Lyndhurst) and then come back in again. Obviously we used to do this easily from the Mayflower but if its not possible from the Devonport or Lyndhurst it does beg the question whether a seat in the Mayflower is going to be more attractive.

2) I note the balcony overlooks the pitch. Is this balcony going to be closed off during match time. Ie is there going to be a drunken gang of supporters on the balcony enjoying the game - and does the bar sit in the same rules as say the Devonport End where there is no drinking while watching the game. If its not technically part of the club's remit so does it count?

3) Related to the above - is it going to be open only to match day ticket holders / season ticket holders or can you go there during the match without a match day ticket. Not being funny but I get the distinct impression you will be able to watch the game from within there

4) Finally - when that corner is filled in the balcony will obviously overlook the carpark and the back of the stand. Im not exactly holding my breath for that but presumably the balcony is mainly there to enjoy views until the corner is filled in?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
IJN":1z3vqyfz said:
1) All on target for June.

2) There will be memberships for both upstairs and downstairs when the club vacate downstairs.

3) There are 55 investors (I am one :wave: ).

4) Minimum investment = £1000

5) There are a few of £50k.

6) There has been (I think I remember it rightly) £650k invested.

7) There has been £250k invested in materials or work pledges.

8) They are looking for another £250k of investment. The rate is 5% per annum with money paid back at the end of 5/7 years.

9) Gary says they want the investment from Argyle fans, they have no amount of offers from outside but he wants to keep the investment 'internal'

10) At the moment one level is 250 and the other 300 (I forget which is which) and he sees no reason why it won'y be 600 in total now the plans are in.

Many many more things discussed but these are freshest in my mind.

Hope this helps.

I've emailed for details I'm an exile but considering this. Main thing for me is if when I come down for a game am I automatically able to enter either bar ?
And what is the risk value on the the money ?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
IJN":18ysmyaa said:
It's 5% PA, but please, any further questions please contact Gary or Liam, I am not a spokesman for the GT's.

Yes, I misremembered what I read in your post. 5% is still a pretty sharp interest rate hence the little light that came on in my head!