Green kits banned | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Green kits banned

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
For the third green, I can still recall the St Etienne green in their shirts as worn in the rearranged European Cup match versus Manchester Utd at Home Park. If any TV viewer can mistake that for green grass, I suggest they suffer from a colour blindness issue, which requires professional attention.

Jan 16, 2016
Southampton
It is a scientific fact that our brains can distinguish more shades of green than of any other colour. So confusion shouldn't be too much of a problem. If Juventus played in green, I'm sure the issue would suddenly disappear.

Mar 27, 2008
Ridiculous. Poor old Sassuolo, a club with more than 100 years of history and whose nickname is literally 'the black and greens'. Will they have to change that too?

It just shows how much the game has changed when TV audiences are more important than a club's identity.
I think Sassuolo will be allowed to continue as it’s their home colours, pretty sure that this rule is aimed at the amount of green 2nd and 3rd strips that are appearing in Italy.

Reactions: WoodsyGreen

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
That's a shame. I was looking forward to Argyle playing in white at home!!

The colour blindness mentioned somewhere above is a problem that should be taken seriously. Green is one of the worst colours for people suffering from this condition. Whilst I don't have this problem, I find it difficult when teams play in a darkish blue at HP (e.g. Gillingham, Wimbledon). It really doesn't contrast against our splurge.

Bring back white!!

Jun 5, 2021
I’m not sure whether this has been highlighted before or it’s old hat news, but it’s being reported that the decision is due to concerns that the shirts blend into the pitch on TV.
Make or that what you will but something to keep an eye on!

Jun 16, 2021
I found it hard to see Argyle players in that Dark green kit v Swansea and also got confused with lino wearing black at times. A brighter lighter green might help the players pass it to their team mates so surely that should be the No 1 consideration.
For that reason I also think the shorts and socks should be white if we insist on a dark green top