Green kits banned

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Green kits will be banned in Italy from the 2022/2023 season because of a clash in colour with the pitch for TV audiences.

Will it ever happen in the UK? Luckily we currently play in light black so we'll be ok. 😀

Link.

Reactions: dunlop
Jul 29, 2010
My, you've not mentioned 'light black' very often in your posts recently have you 🙄

You do realise that saying it on each and every possible occasion (and now by starting threads just to set up the opportunity to say it again) doesn't make it either a real thing or funny.

Now we see why the poo button was removed... we couldn't possibly expose the great and the good to criticism now could we :poop:

For your posts lately Codey i'd be hitting it like I was playing 'Daley Thompson's Decathlon' (kids, ask your Grandad).

Do us all a favour and drop it eh?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
My, you've not mentioned 'light black' very often in your posts recently have you 🙄

You do realise that saying it on each and every possible occasion (and now by starting threads just to set up the opportunity to say it again) doesn't make it either a real thing or funny.

Now we see why the poo button was removed... we couldn't possibly expose the great and the good to criticism now could we :poop:

For your posts lately Codey i'd be hitting it like I was playing 'Daley Thompson's Decathlon' (kids, ask your Grandad).

Do us all a favour and drop it eh?

Nah, it's ok thanks, besides I thought you were staying away from Pasoti or so you kept saying. 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadowknight

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
From the article

"It has been reported by Football Italia that television companies have called for the change as they fear green kits and the colour of the pitch are too similar, causing players to blend in with the background.

This would make watching the game difficult for television viewers."

Every bloody game if, like me, you're green & red colourblind!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Postey is just stating a fact. That from a normal spectator position/TV viewing angle, the shirts are light black. You can take well-lit and close-up pictures of them looking dark green all day, but they look black in action and from any kind of distance.

The Stoke shirt is a stunner and what our current home shirt should look like (as it's based on the 1984 kit), but in our total fear of somehow getting mixed up with hoop-wearing National League side Yeovil Town and the absolute necessity to match up shirts with stadium seating, we can't possibly have an obviously green shirt so we're happy letting other clubs take it from us. Presumably we'll be saying we now don't want to get mixed up with Stoke and Brighton too.

There's an easy way out of this for Argyle. The whole green spectrum is ours, so if we're so bothered about consistent branding then pick two 'official' shades. We use the chosen light green one whenever light green is more suitable, and we use the darker green when dark green is suitable. Everyone is happy, everything is consistent, and back to the thread subject... you actually have a bit of helpful contrast between all the green/light black on a matchday (y)

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Why not have the third kit the colour of the green (?) goalie kit? - Oh! No! It'd be banned by TV companies.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Reactions: Keepitgreen
Jun 27, 2019
Ridiculous. Poor old Sassuolo, a club with more than 100 years of history and whose nickname is literally 'the black and greens'. Will they have to change that too?

It just shows how much the game has changed when TV audiences are more important than a club's identity.

Mar 16, 2009
London
"Life imitates art far more than art imitates life"

Another Oscar truism that becomes increasingly relevant in the multimedia age.