• Welcome to PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by GA Solicitors and Lang & Potter.

Grandstand seating information

dunlop

Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Nov 17, 2009
ARGYLE season-ticket holders have less than five weeks before they will be able watch the Pilgrims from the plush new surroundings of the Mayflower Grandstand.

The eagerly anticipated official grand opening of the £8m-plus, 18-month major renovation of the magnificent main stand at Home Park will be on New Year’s Day, when Swindon Town visit for the first Sky Bet League Two match of 2020.

However, part of the Mayflower – enough to host all season-ticket holders that will be moving back to the stand after a year and a half away – will be opening for the first time on Saturday, December 14, when former manager Derek Adams brings his Morecambe team to face the Pilgrims.

Letters from Argyle Chief Executive Andrew Parkinson go out on Tuesday to Argyle supporters who held a season-ticket for the 2017-18 season, offering them the chance to relocate to the Mayflower Grandstand to a seat as close as possible to the one that they vacated.

Supporters are unlikely to be given an identical seat number to the one that they previously held – one of the first changes that fans will notice about the grandstand seat numbering is that it runs the opposite way to before: i.e. Seat No.1 is at the Devonport End of the grandstand.

A team of Argyle staff members is on hand and ready to assist supporters with their relocation queries, and the club has set up a dedicated email address – grandstand@pafc.co.uk – to help make the process as smooth as possible.

Supporters can also call 01752 907700 or visit the Home Park Ticket Office to discuss their seat migration.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think the stand itself was £6m, plus £1m from club for the roof and £1m from GTs for the bar.

Pretty amazing transformation for what is peanuts in stadium terms.

Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Sure as we are all supporting the same team, we will all be hoping we can make Round 3 and get a full house at home with all the added income from our increased facilities and capacity............

or we can all moan about fans from other parts of our ground. :roll:

Jan 21, 2007
I love the Mayflower, and really hope my match day experience is restored with the new layout ... it’s just not the same over in the Lyndhurst

Feb 8, 2005
Yay, got my invitation to return to the grandstand this morning. Phoned the ticket office to confirm my seat and was told that my current Lyndhurst season ticket would be cancelled and that I would receive paper tickets for the next few home fixtures until I receive my new grandstand season ticket. No more Lyndhurst. All grandstand season ticket holders will return to the grandstand forthwith.

Goodbye Lyndhurst, hello grandstand, old pal of mine. Yippee.

Dec 22, 2009
West London
I thought that the stand was £5m. An additional requirement for the roof meant a further £1m.

The GT bar is a separate project altogether.

?

IJN

Site Owner
Staff member
Nov 29, 2012
Boringdon Golf Club
jimsing":1wsj6cai said:
Yay, got my invitation to return to the grandstand this morning. Phoned the ticket office to confirm my seat and was told that my current Lyndhurst season ticket would be cancelled and that I would receive paper tickets for the next few home fixtures until I receive my new grandstand season ticket. No more Lyndhurst. All grandstand season ticket holders will return to the grandstand forthwith.

Congratulations leaving the ‘yobs’ behind! :greensmile:

Oct 16, 2016
This would be quite a unique situation, a home support singing against other parts of its home support! ‘Oo are ya’ etc.

I moved from block 10 partly because of a couple of Mayflower types who were quite literally vile BUT in essence I haven’t seen much of a difference otherwise.

I’ve never come across a more divided and juxtaposition support as there is at Argyle, all fanbases have mixed views which is healthy and normal but this always seems so spiteful and vitriolic

It’s a shame

dunlop

Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":t1huhr54 said:
jimsing":t1huhr54 said:

Congratulations leaving the ‘yobs’ behind! :greensmile:

Collected my Grandstand ST this afternoon they also gave me a ticket for the Bradford game in the Lyndhurst, tickets for the Morecambe game will be posted out to ST holders who want to return to the Mayflower when they become available, the are waiting to hear when the Grimsby game will be rearranged.

I was told all seats in row A&B in the grandstand have been filled.

Can’t wait to get back with some knowledgeable fans. :greensmile: :greensmile:

Dec 3, 2005
Well my daughter received her letter today - she STOPPED being a Season Ticket holder when she started Uni - so 2 season's ago.
Oh I haven't received mine yet lol - hopefully tomorrow :)
:scarf:

Can't wait to see the 'old girl' in her new clothes :)

Oct 16, 2016
Thank you Ian, this has been my first season in block 12 (albeit I’ve sat there many times in the past when the space arises)

Block 12 has been a hugely welcome relief from10