Good signs for next season | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Good signs for next season

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
He jumped to catch the ball, whilst mid-air a player ran and jumped into him with no intention of challenging for the ball, he was never going to get near it, Cooper, knocked backwards jarred his knee as he landed, momentum locking his knee and damaging the ligaments around it. It wasn't unlucky it was cynical
Thank you, that’s how I remembered it. I wouldn’t put Cooper down as ‘injury prone’.

Reactions: boletus edulis
Apr 1, 2009
Hardie is one of those players you always routing for, due to the effort he puts in and because he can have moments and purple patches of excellent finishing.

However at the same time his goals comes in bursts of about 9-10 games, and then that's it for about 25 games. He has a low assist output when running the line, yet he never drops his head and endeavour always at 100%

Not just this season but it seems to be a pattern over last 3 or 4 years.

It's why I am always on the fence and torn by Hardie, this one of the main reason a striker has to be a marque signing this summer for the club.
Hardie has been over-played the last 2 seasons. Last year we got through it because Ennis returned at a crucial point with some important contributions. This season we have relied almost exclusively on Hardie and Whittaker and run them into the ground.

Jul 29, 2012
Hardie has been over-played the last 2 seasons. Last year we got through it because Ennis returned at a crucial point with some important contributions. This season we have relied almost exclusively on Hardie and Whittaker and run them into the ground.

In addition we also had Cosgrove who especially in the first half of the season we could rotate successfully. With Waine not having “ kicked on “ and Bundu’s injury record , we could do with 2 strikers plus an attacking midfielder .

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
Nor would I but I didn't see the incident as others do.
I suspect that where you were would have affected each person’s view of the incident. We right behind the goal, fractionally on Coop’s left. I could not work out at the time why Coops did not do the old trick of raising his knee, it would have meant Windass came off worse. Instead, it seemed to me that when Windass made contact Coops leg was straight and that caused the issue.

Only Windass will really know if he meant it, but he was never going to get the ball and gave Coops an earful close up when he was on the ground. I certainly have my suspicions. Still can’t get over how the ref was happy for the ball to go out for a throw in, it was obvious immediately this was a serious injury and he should have stopped play.

Jun 27, 2013
Bazunu was arguably the best in the 3rd. Remember he was just 20 years old when the League 1 season ended in 2022. Yes he was in the Saints team that got relegated from the Prem but has definitely not been 2nd choice all this season He was first choice with 41 appearances until the injury on April 19th that ended his season early.
Nearly 100 appearances in the two top tiers and as Ireland's number 1 is very good going for a keeper just weeks after his 22nd birthday.
I think coming through the Man City ranks possibly enhanced his value but there is no guarantee he will end up a better keeper than Cooper longer term.
8 million with any add ons a bonus would be good business for a 24 year old Cooper after two recent injuries.
I stand corrected, though I'm sure I saw that he was on the bench towards the end of the season but I could be wrong. Either way he was a walking catastrophe in the 3rd tier and if he was worth £12m then, Cooper is so much more valuable to us than Bazunu ever has been to any club he's been at, and any price we eventually sell him for (part of me kinda hopes he'll still be in Argyle colours in a decade's time) should reflect that

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I stand corrected, though I'm sure I saw that he was on the bench towards the end of the season but I could be wrong. Either way he was a walking catastrophe in the 3rd tier and if he was worth £12m then, Cooper is so much more valuable to us than Bazunu ever has been to any club he's been at, and any price we eventually sell him for (part of me kinda hopes he'll still be in Argyle colours in a decade's time) should reflect that
His fellow pros didn't consider him a walking catastrophe in the 3rd tier and voted him in the team of the year when he was barely 20 years old during his season with Portsmouth.
He is the ROI number 1 ahead of Liverpool's Kelleher who is three years his senior too.

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
I think the thing to remember is that cooper is worth what someone will pay for him
A great goalkeeper I feel £8 million plus add ins is a great deal for Argyle. Had he not been injured it could have been more but it isn't. I wouldn't suggest Cooper is injury prone just had bad luck
At this point in time he is the member of our squad I would suggest we could most afford to lose if we had to sell one as Hazard whilst not being as good is a reasonable replacement.
Whittaker or Hardie going would require big money spending trying to replace
This remember would be at least 4 times our record sale a significant improvement on Plymouth prices I would say. Especially as he cost us nothing and a significant down payment in our upgraded academy.

Reactions: jerryatricjanner
Jan 23, 2024
I would like him to stay of course, but agree he is the player we could sell with the least impact as I also think Hazard is a good enough replacement. We would also get to keep all of his incoming fee with no cut going to Swansea, which would happen if we sold Morgan.

Reactions: greenpig27