God Save the Queen (gigs in Plymouth) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

God Save the Queen (gigs in Plymouth)

Mar 11, 2018
I had a chance to go to one of those two December 1976 gigs but I had a Christmas party the first night and then, somehow, I didn't go to the second one - I've never quite forgiven myself. The Woods gig with Sid was in August 1977 - that's the one you and I went to.

Another edit: the 1976 tour was the one that had nearly all the gigs cancelled after the infamous "Filth and the Fury" Bill Grundy appearance - Woods was one of the few venues that still went ahead, and by way of thanks the Pistols returned on their 1977 SPOTS (Sex Pistols On Tour Secretly) tour.
Yes, me too in August 77. Quite a night - although all that spitting looks weird and unpleasant in retrospect. In my university teaching days some of the more intense students were fascinated that I'd seen the Sex Pistols on the tour when lots of gigs were banned and they were playing incognito. One, who was keen on smoking something other than straight tobacco, told the others I'd toured with the Pistols. I couldn't disappoint them, so fibbed when asked on an annual basis by new students who'd somehow accessed the myth.