• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Glentoran Goalkeeper sent off after attacking his own player

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Insane reaction from the keeper. I’m fully aware that players give each other jip if they lose the ball for example.

But running over to the player and knocking him to the ground is ridiculous.

Article here

I remember the Lee Bowyer and Kieran Dyer incident at Newcastle.

Anyone think of any others?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm sure two Argyle players had a punch up in the early 70s. Was it Mike Bickle plus?

Sep 6, 2006
2 Blackpool players were sent off a few years ago when we were 1 down with about 5 to go. Up v 9 men but still couldn't get the equaliser!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Was it Fred Molineux? aka Fourth Division Fred.
I thought I had responded already. I was convinced it was Molyneux too. Spoke to him once at an early Fanfest - really humble fellah, almost embarrassed that people recalled him.

Reactions: Sparkypete

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I thought I had responded already. I was convinced it was Molyneux too. Spoke to him once at an early Fanfest - really humble fellah, almost embarrassed that people recalled him.

Had Fred down as a pretty tough guy vs opponents; when he started out fighting Bickle I knew that he was formidable!

Still remember being behind Mike Bickle in Morrisons. He smiled at me and I said: 'You're Mike Bickle!'

'Yes', he said 'I know'.

Full grown man I was!! Tongue-tied at meeting a hero!! :giggle:

Sep 8, 2011
Preston, Lancs
Jermaine Beckford and Eoin Doyle (now at Bolton) both got sent off for Preston a few years ago after squaring up to each other.
There were 2 Charlton players who had a ding ding as well, back in the 70s I think. Derek Hales, was maybe one of them...