Gibson (why is he out of favour?) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gibson (why is he out of favour?)

Oct 1, 2013
I think his absence had more to do with the form of others.
Galloway and Scarr both on cracking form having been given the opportunity under ND and KN.
Gibson has played a lot of football this season too.

Although after Stoke, i wouldnt be surprised to see Gibson back in for Scarr.
He is very clearly a more capable player and defender than Dan... but Dan was what we needed at the time.

Reactions: Dorset Green
Jul 12, 2016
I think his absence had more to do with the form of others.
Galloway and Scarr both on cracking form having been given the opportunity under ND and KN.
Gibson has played a lot of football this season too.

Although after Stoke, i wouldnt be surprised to see Gibson back in for Scarr.
He is very clearly a more capable player and defender than Dan... but Dan was what we needed at the time.
Scarr is a better header of the ball than Gibson and Galloway.

Reactions: Wembury Pilgrim

Wembury Pilgrim

✅ Evergreen
Dec 15, 2020
Gibson has blown hot and cold in my view this season. When he’s having a good game, he’s great but we’ve seen him make some errors of judgement that have cost us. Scarr is full blooded but more reactive and doesn’t have a cultured pass in him. Galloway reads games better than both and has done some blistering runs with the ball changing defence into attack (not that they led to much 🥺) but his injury record is always a concern.
would be sad to see Gibson leave but he’s not irreplaceable.

Reactions: oldage
Oct 1, 2013
Scarr is a better header of the ball than Gibson and Galloway.
DS might be slightly better in the air than LG, but thats probably the only attribute he trumps him on.

And considering the higher you climb in the divisions, the more the ball is kept on the deck - its an attribute that becomes less and less useful.

Dan is a good League one defender. Lewis is a good championship defender.

Jul 12, 2016
DS might be slightly better in the air than LG, but thats probably the only attribute he trumps him on.

And considering the higher you climb in the divisions, the more the ball is kept on the deck - its an attribute that becomes less and less useful.

Dan is a good League one defender. Lewis is a good championship defender.
I would say Scarr is a very good league one defender ,Gibson is ok in the championship but overrated by some .All about opinions.

Reactions: greenking