George Cooper to Chesterfield (confirmed) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

George Cooper to Chesterfield (confirmed)

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
I too read that as "I'm a round peg, and you'll get the best out of me if you put me in a round hole."

May 13, 2022
Steady on, fellas. He also said this…

"I’m very excited for the season coming,” Cooper said after signing. “I’ve not had the best last couple of years so I’m excited to get going in pre-season.
I want to get a lot of games under my belt and get the club back to where it should be. I spoke to the manager a few times and he’s just got to get the best out of me.
This is perfect for me right now to be here with the manager and with the club.

Reading that quote in context makes it sound more like a guy who's willing to put in some graft to get his career back on track, but needs the manager's help in doing so. Some would suggest that's exactly what the manager's job is – to get the best out of the players he recruits.

If he sees it as being 'perfect' for him, perhaps a part of that perfection is that he sees the manager who will help him to be better. Maybe, just maybe, it was the manager who said, 'George you've clearly got talent and it's down to me to help you be the best you can be.' Then it's come out of George's mouth like it did in the quote – as someone already pointed out, maybe not the best choice of words, but footballers aren't renowned for their eloquence. I know nothing – wasn't party to the whole conversation – just an alternative interpretation of all the quotes from the Derbyshire Times' report.

What I do know is that back when he signed for us, I was excited to hear that he had because I liked what I saw when he was on loan. I'm sorry it didn't work out for him here and it's a bit of a shame to see him go without seeing him realise his potential with us.

All the best for the future, George, I hope the move works out well for you.

Lameiras Fan

🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹
Jun 27, 2022
Portugal
He showed flashes but a shame that it didn't work out in the end. Hopefully a new club will do him some good.

Sep 2, 2008
Steady on, fellas. He also said this…

"I’m very excited for the season coming,” Cooper said after signing. “I’ve not had the best last couple of years so I’m excited to get going in pre-season.
I want to get a lot of games under my belt and get the club back to where it should be. I spoke to the manager a few times and he’s just got to get the best out of me.
This is perfect for me right now to be here with the manager and with the club.

Reading that quote in context makes it sound more like a guy who's willing to put in some graft to get his career back on track, but needs the manager's help in doing so. Some would suggest that's exactly what the manager's job is – to get the best out of the players he recruits.

If he sees it as being 'perfect' for him, perhaps a part of that perfection is that he sees the manager who will help him to be better. Maybe, just maybe, it was the manager who said, 'George you've clearly got talent and it's down to me to help you be the best you can be.' Then it's come out of George's mouth like it did in the quote – as someone already pointed out, maybe not the best choice of words, but footballers aren't renowned for their eloquence. I know nothing – wasn't party to the whole conversation – just an alternative interpretation of all the quotes from the Derbyshire Times' report.
I can see that.

Its such an alternative interpretation that its virtually given the actual words he used a completely new meaning. You've made it out to be a collaborative effort between the player and the manager whereas in actual fact Cooper specifically suggests its the managers responsibility. You should be in politics or perhaps a salesman. Or maybe even an agent... He could have said something along the lines of, 'I spoke to the manager a few times and he’s we've just got to (work together to) get the best out of me.'

Anyway, its all irrelevant as he's no longer an Argyle player. It was just something I picked up on and thought it wasn't really showing a good attitude. Personally, I'm glad he's moved on as I'm sure its freed up quite a few pennies.

May 13, 2022
I can see that.

Its such an alternative interpretation that its virtually given the actual words he used a completely new meaning. You've made it out to be a collaborative effort between the player and the manager whereas in actual fact Cooper specifically suggests its the managers responsibility. You should be in politics or perhaps a salesman. Or maybe even an agent... He could have said something along the lines of, 'I spoke to the manager a few times and he’s we've just got to (work together to) get the best out of me.'

Anyway, its all irrelevant as he's no longer an Argyle player. It was just something I picked up on and thought it wasn't really showing a good attitude. Personally, I'm glad he's moved on as I'm sure its freed up quite a few pennies.
Fair enough. Maybe I should give one of those vocations a whirl.

But it looks like I'm not the only spin-merchant here.

From reading 'I spoke to the manager a few times and he’s just got to get the best out of me' and ignoring his other comments in the report, you arrived at this conclusion…

"It really is a reflection on many of the young in todays society. It’s always someone else’s responsibility to do this, to do that etc. Its never their responsibility.​
He will be getting paid an extraordinary amount of money compared to your average Joe public to do what he’s supposed to be good at and yet it’s someone else’s responsibility to get that out of him.​
If that’s his attitude then I’m glad he’s gone. Another example of Lowe talking out of his backside…Cooper definitely seems to be a kn*bhead."​

Like you say, it's irrelevant he's gone. Best of luck to him.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I can see that.

i would of imagined Cooper was on a decent wage so this is good news for all parties I think - as we can better re-distribute his wage I think.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
i would of imagined Cooper was on a decent wage so this is good news for all parties I think - as we can better re-distribute his wage I think.
I think Miller would have handsomely taken that wage and some.

Reactions: SurreyJanner