George Cooper to Chesterfield (confirmed) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

George Cooper to Chesterfield (confirmed)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It looks like George Cooper is off to Chesterfield in a permanent move.
A good move for all concerned.

Reactions: Deacster

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Another snippet, Matt Butcher will play number 14 for this season.

Two scoops in one day, not bad eh?

Jun 24, 2008
I agree that this is a move that suits all but assuming he's going on a free, its a loss for the club.

The fee paid to Peterborough was undisclosed but given the good season he gave us in League 2 it wouldn't have been next to nothing. I was just as happy as anyone that we signed him and it was well deserved so no love lost but hard to see what went wrong. Was it just the injuries? Galloway has been given a chance...so was it attitude? Or did the new boss see what Lowe saw?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Lots of rumours and hearsay flying around. Far too dodgy for this site that's for sure.

Suffice to say (perhaps) that he didn't suit our team ethic. That covers it I think.

Reactions: David Doidge
Jun 24, 2008
Fair enough. Not an attempt to stir anything but genuinely heard nothing and only speculating but best to leave it to that. It's never easy, mentally, to overcome a long term injury either.

A shame in any case but can't say I'm too surprised. He always gave me that vibe. Good luck to him, a good player on his day and Paul Cook will be a good manager for him if so.

Reactions: chester

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah not having a go at you bud, but we have a couple of posters on here that seem to be intent on stirring the pot regarding this young man.

Whatever's happened has happened and no amount of 'my mate saw this.......' etc will change things.

Reactions: macleanie

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I have no idea what the situation with Cooper was but I'm generally inclined to be sympathetic - I know League 1 footballers are reasonably well paid, but how many people completely have their act together when they're in their early 20s anyway? I certainly didn't. Good luck to him at Chesterfield, he's too good a player to be at that level for long.

Sep 2, 2008
I have no idea what the situation with Cooper was but I'm generally inclined to be sympathetic - I know League 1 footballers are reasonably well paid, but how many people completely have their act together when they're in their early 20s anyway? I certainly didn't. Good luck to him at Chesterfield, he's too good a player to be at that level for long.
I reckon his injury will play a large part in where/if he plays long term in the future. He was out for an awful long time so it must have been bad. His injury may have also been a factor in him dropping down to non-league when he could have done a job for a team in league two.

Happy that he's no longer on our books as I'm sure he is.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Pleased he has found a club that will take him- he has had a tough couple of years & we have no idea how it effected him

Paul Cook is very old school & i'm sure he will relish getting George back to the footballer we know he can be

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Loved Cooper in League 2 but not sure he was what we needed for wingback in League 1.

Hopefully it works out for him at Chesterfield.