George Cooper out for the season | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

George Cooper out for the season

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The first significant transfer fee we’ve paid in a long time and he’s barely played, both we and him and have been really unlucky.

Reactions: TQ2
Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
I’m sure George Cooper would thank you for your support 😯

Football is a harsh business at times. We’ve got a currently injured player who’s just been offered a new contract. We don’t need two on the books.

We’ve got Conor Grant and Ryan Law who can play in his position. Garrick has played there also. It’s a waste of a wage, someone who I’d imagine is one of the better paid players at HP.

As much as I like GC..I sort of agree with the 'get rid' option..The wage could be freed..yeah football dealings are harsh when a player becomes long term injured.. we have offered Brendan Galloway a contract, however I feel we should let George go at end of contract.
Bit split on this as GC on his day is a class act!!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I like him, but to be honest, I don’t actually see where he fits into our team. I don’t think he’s a LWB at this level, he’d be unlikely to get in ahead of Conor Grant and Ryan Law anyhow. I also don’t think he’s the type of midfielder that our system requires. And he isn’t a striker either. I see him more as either a CAM or as part of a front three. So for all of his ability, even if he was fully fit I could only see him being a substitute. The issue regarding releasing him however is that the club paid good money for him and will want to recoup at least some of that in the form of on field performances or a transfer fee.

Reactions: Furnell

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I like him, but to be honest, I don’t actually see where he fits into our team. I don’t think he’s a LWB at this level, he’d be unlikely to get in ahead of Conor Grant and Ryan Law anyhow. I also don’t think he’s the type of midfielder that our system requires. And he isn’t a striker either. I see him more as either a CAM or as part of a front three. So for all of his ability, even if he was fully fit I could only see him being a substitute. The issue regarding releasing him however is that the club paid good money for him and will want to recoup at least some of that in the form of on field performances or a transfer fee.
My views also